Roon Core Machine

Intel i7 running ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Connected Audio Devices

Bridge to the DAC is a Sonore MicroRendu

Number of Tracks in Library

More than 26000 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi,

The problem I’m having is simple: Roon does not recognize the Cambrige Audio Dacmagic 200m as a native DSD player. When I configure it as one on the MicroRendu RoonReady settings, it will convert all DSD files to PCM.

The only way to make the system play DSD files is to configure MicroRendu to DoP. Which is annoying, since the DAC is capable of processing native DSD.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

//Ricardo Ferreira

It is not a given that a device will support native DSD on Linux. Each Linux kernel needs to be patched for the specific device, if it can. On other threads, it was specified that the 200m was NOT in any of the Linux kernel patches. DoP is the same as native DSD, just not at the full resolution.

You should contact Sonore and see if they can add the device to their kernel running on the Rendu.

Alternately, If you want DSD512, then you will probably need to setup a Windows machine, run roonbridge to make it a Roon Endpoint and run the Cambridge Audio Windows Drivers. MacOS has the same limitations as Linux.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.