Navigation icon no longer appears

Roon 1.8 build 783

I have the same issue, as the navigation icon no longer appears:

From FAQs:

“You can access the Playlist Browser by clicking the navigation icon, then Playlists”

This no longer happens.

Today’s date is 3-Apr-21 and there has been no update to this issue for over a month!

Where is Roon support?

Hi @Stephen_Knox

I moved your post over to its own Topic so that we can discuss what you’re seeing here since it seems a little different than what was reported there.

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing here?

1 Like

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for your response. I cannot find the Navigation button. Attached the requested screen shot from the Settings page.

Steve

There’s been a slight change in the UI design for Navigation in 1.8. In previous versions, the Navigation icon (the icon with 3 horizontal stripes, a.k.a. the “Hamburger” icon) was permanently displayed in the top left of the screen. Clicking it would reveal the main Navigation menu. By default, this is still the case in 1.8:

However, in 1.8, it is now possible to have the Navigation menu permanently displayed instead (Settings > General > “Always show the sidebar” set to yes).

When this is done, the Navigation sidebar is permanently shown, and the Navigation icon is not needed.

You have the setting set to “Yes”. If you want to revert the Navigation menu to act as an overlay, rather than permanently take up space on the Roon screen, set this to “No”.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!