Need assistance after multi-upgrades after 2.0

Roon Core Machine

Macbook Air M2 2022. OS12.6, 8gb Memory. Using Ethernet, Node 2i.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity router, generic Ethernet switch, all upgrade quality cables.

Connected Audio Devices

Roon, Qobuz, Bluesound, Peachtree pre, Odyssey amp, Dynaudio speakers.

Number of Tracks in Library

12,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

So I rushed to install 2.0 as soon as it was offered, forgetting that I was running my core on an ancient iMac still using El Capitan. Further upgrades are not available for such and old Mac. Simultaneously, my old iPhone 7 must be upgraded too. So off to the Apple Store for new gear. Moving everything to a new Macbook Air M2 and a new iPhone have me back in the game—except for Roon, where it all began.
So now I have an iPhone telling me that my new laptop has Roon 1.8 Legacy (build 1126) and my phone has 2.0 (build 1127).
I need instructions to fix this problem. I’ve tried reinstalling application folders “RoonLegacy,” RoonServer,” and “Roon.” None of them do the trick. Thinking perhaps I should dump the whole app and start over from scratch. Library safe on NAS and Roon is backed up. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, or this -

That’s where I obtained the files I installed.

I guess you’re saying those procedures didn’t work? You wouldn’t be the first.

You can install Roon 2.0 on your Macbook or revert your iPhone to Roon Remote (Legacy) which is Roon 1.8. You can find that on the Apple App Store. Search for Roon Remote (Legacy).

Hey @izeonkatz,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you need assistance with your system? After reviewing your account it looks like you’re currently running 1.8 legacy across the board.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.