Need help for HDMI connection between Roon Nucleus plus and an AVR Onkyo TX-RZ830

I have mostly 2.0 setups but also a 7.1.6 Atmos. Most of my setups are Lumin D1/2 endpoints so no NAA options there. And these have active speakers connected. I might venture at some point to convolution room correction using HFA services.

HQP is if no real interest to me at this time due to the NAA issues.

I have a lot of dac options and also have quite a few turntables to keep life interesting :sweat_smile:

I see. It seems to me your life is really interesting already! To be honest, I prefer original PCM for most of the music. So, NAA is not quite an issue to me, in particularly, it is not compatible with Luminā€¦ As to the DAC, I have been seriously considering to replace my Denafrips Terminator II with either Chord Dave+M scaler or Holo Audio May L3. It is a very tough decision for me to make. I would be more than happy if you have any though on those DACs. :joy:

Iā€™ve heard the T-II and the May KTE L-3 (very nice DAC) but not really any time on the Dave - May is highly regarded and great value. Never been a big fan of Chord, not sure why maybe its the odd form factor or the coloured balls or glass window. I donā€™t think I have heard too many DACā€™s that I couldnā€™t live with however either.

perhaps given I had the funds I would likely pick the May - have a couple of friends with them. For Roon the Tambaqui from MolaMola is pretty awesome too. I do like variety tho so more of the less costly options floats my boat.

The Luminā€™s I find incredibly versatile. With the way I have them setup they turn on my amps and off them again when play stops . My wife just picks the stuff she wants to play and where - even in Spotify and it all just works. I do push her to use Roon but she doesnt have to.

I even have a few Sonos Play:3 setups just for giggles that I picked up FOC and these work well in both Sonos App and Roon - but Im still not a fan - they were free so I dont complain too much :slight_smile:

I totally agree every point that you just mentioned, even with the odd form factor thing :laughing:ā€¦! Besides those, May KTE costs only 1/3 of Dave+M Scaler here in Taiwan.

Resale value of the May maybe quite ok but donā€™t quote me :grimacing:

Good point! :wink:

Yes, indeed!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.