Need help on copy music to Qnap core server

Hello
I just installed RoonLab core server on Qnap and installed Roon remote on my laptop and connect to Roon core server during first time login I did add new watches folder to add my music to Roon core but nothing happens my music file on my laptop not transfer over. I did stop and remove Roonserver and Roon remote on my laptop and started over again but same problem. Do I miss any path or I’m not configuration correctly
I’m new on this RoonLab app. Please help me fix with step by step
I did read the KB how to copy my music and following it up but failed to add my music to Roon core server. Thanks again for all your time and supports

@Jan_Beyer_Olsen can you tell us or upload an image of your storage setting in Roon?

Russ

you need to give direct paths to your music directories. So the path to your music on your Qnap are local (if roon core is running there) If your music is stored on your lap-top and roon core is running on your Qnap you need to map a nerwork share and point roon core towards it.

Hope this makes sense.

My old configuration was as followed.
All music stored on a Nas

A different computer was running Rooncore on this cpu i had a network path connection towards the nas.

Two ipad and a lap-top as remote

Running roon core on your nas will work aswell there are manny ways to make this work.

Hi Michael
My Roon core run on Qnap and my laptop is Roon remote to Roon core server on Qnap
I want all my music on my laptop will be transfer to Roon core server folder which I did created during first time connecting to Roon core server to adding my music to it but nothing copied over to Qnap
Do I have to manually copy all my musics from laptop to that folder or it will be automatic transfer during first time connected to Roon code server on Qnap
Please show me details. I’m new on this. Please help. Thanks for all your time and supports

Do you want the music fysical there ? If so you need to copy the music over to the qnap. If not and you want to keep your music on your lap-top point your roon core towards your lap-top. Make a network share.

The Roon folder is not a physical folder if that makes sense

i read one of RoonLab KB on How to copy my music and following it but none of my music files copy over to watches folder which I created during adding my music to Roon core server on Qnap
1- I want all my music to Nas folder and remote replay later
Do I have to manually copy all my music to that folder on Qnap ? I’m confused by Roon KB it will start transfer all music during first time connect to core server on Qnap after create folder to add music to it.
Please let me know and please confirm
1-Music will not automatically transfer during first time connecting and create watches folder
2- I need to manually copy all my music to that folder ?

Thanks again for your support

Your music stays were it is, roon does not copy. You tell roon were you music is.

I cant explain it better maybe sonebody else can pitch in.

Hi Ratbert
Please help
I read this article from RoonLab on how to import my music
FAQ: How do I import music?
If you open that KB that’s exactly what I want to do
I run Roon core server on Qnap
I using my laptop as remote to it
I want all my music will be import to Qnap folder like Kb show but it’s not working for me
I’m confused by the app
Please confirm and let me know
1- I need to manually copy all my music from my laptop to that folder ?
2- it will not automatically import my music during first time connecting to Roon core
server by creating new watches folder on Qnap to add my music
Please help me fix. Thanks again for all your time and supports

Yes, Roon does not move your files… you have to decide where you wish them to be stored and put them there.

Yes, with the Operating System OS (not Roon) you have to create the folder on the QNAP and move the music into it.
Once done, then with Roon go to settings --> storage and setup a watched folder pointing to that folder.
Note: With the both the Roon Core and the music on the QNAP … this will be a local folder not a network share.

[quote=“Jan_Beyer_Olsen, post:6, topic:21514”]
2- I need to manually copy all my music to that folder?
[/quote]Yes, Roon does not move your files…

If i am not mistaken it should be a shared folder or not?

http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.2/SMB/en/index.html?share_folders.htm

It only has to be shared to be able to copy files onto it from other devices.
The Roon core (when running on the QNAP) will access it as a local file system.
Of course the right permissions are still required.

1 Like

Thx Carl that clears that up, i prefer folders i can copy over the network to the NAS though :slight_smile: so i made all music video and pic folders shared.

If you’re an a PC, Qnap has something called Qsync.

Personally I prefer good old window explorer and just map network drive. Remember to use the Qnap PW. Standard it’s Admin + admin.