Need help restoring core on this machine

Roon Core Machine

Dell i7 laptop, Windows 10.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I need help restoring core on this machine, message …

error can’t load database

Thanks

Sounds like your library is corrupted. Do you take backups in Settings==>Backups?

Message was cant load databases…

How do I get to settings

Since you don’t know how to get to Settings==>Backup, I am guessing that you have never taken any backups. If that’s true and your library is corrupted, then there is nothing to do now but start all over.

If you don’t care about losing playlists, tags, or any other curations (they’re probably already lost) you may have done, then follow the advice in this article -

Once you rename your old library, you should be able to bring up Roon. If you have taken Roon backups, you can do a Restore at this point.

Before you do something so drastic, you might want to let @support have their say.

Hi @jerry_augustine,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve encountered this problem. We’ve attempted to pull backend diagnostic reports from your Core to investigate potential corruption, but your machine appeared to be currently offline.

At your convenience, can you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We’ll proceed from there with next steps to hopefully restore your library to full functioning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.