Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 core i7
Roon Nucleus 3 tb SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk 7000 Router

Connected Audio Devices

All music systems connected by Cat6 Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Don’t know, where do I look for this info?
I estimate upwards of 600 albums 99% classical and opera. I don’t play my music by track, just by album.

Description of Issue

I rip my files in the Naim Uniti Core in WAV format. I don’t know how to then send those ripped files on to Roon.
But even so, it’s not that simple. I really need to send those ripped files through SongKong first. Why? Because Naim has a proprietary form of WAV and Roon can’t decode its metadata, so I lose all my metadata when it gets to Roon. I need to first send it through SongKong, a music tagger, which has a feature that recognizes Naim’s form of WAV and converts it to a standard version of WAV.that Roon recognizes.
So my problem is still essentially the same: How do I send my music files into Roon, whether they are 1) newly ripped, or 2) newly edited by SongKong or 3) newly downloaded.

You need to create a folder somewhere with the Songkong modified wav files in it.
This can be on a regular pc,NAS or an external usb hdd.
Does not really matter too much as long as then under settings:storage you select that location and Roon will then read them all in.
Or if you want them on the 3tb ssd in the nucleus it’s a network transfer, where you locate that drive on the network from your windows pc and copy them over.

3 Likes

After editing in SongKong, you copy them to the Nucleus’s 3TB SSD like described here:

You could also configure the Naim Core to rip to FLAC, then you wouldn’t lose the metadata. (At least for new rips because sadly the Naim Core can’t convert existing WAV rips)

1 Like

Hi @Echolane,

Just checking in. Was the information @AceRimmer and @Suedkiez sufficient for you to figure things out?

Thanks,
Wes

It is still a work in progress. I’m still struggling with SongKong, though I finally understand it better. Hope to deal with getting my music into Roon later this week, l will want to run my entire collection through SongKong and then into Roon. .
Meanwhile Roon is down again. I’m having Network problems and my Roon endpoint doesn’t show up on my network for some reason. Don’t know if it is a Windows problem or a Router problem.

Hi @Echolane,

Thank you for checking back in.

I’m looking at diagnostics for your likely networking issue and seeing some connection errors.

Based on the internal IP addresses your Nucleus reports, they show a 10.x.x.x scheme, and from what I can tell, a Netgear Nighthawk should be a 192.168.x.x scheme. What modem are you using? Can you confirm that you do indeed have the Netgear Nighthawk 7000 as your router?

Thanks,
Wes

Wes, I definitely have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000, purchased 12/2014 and still for sale on Amazon.

Wes, I definitely have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000, purchased 12/2014 and still for sale on Amazon.
My modem is from ATT Uverse

What confuses me is your question about a 10.x.x.x. scheme vs 192.168.x.x
I don’t know what to do about this latter situation.

Hi @Echolane,

Thank you for that.

Can you restart and reinstall Roon Nucleus via the webui? It can be accessed by IP address or by typing nucleus.local into a web browser. The reinstall button will be right there and shouldn’t impact any of your data. Once done, it should indicate so. You can then select the down arrow at the top right and click reboot.

Just in case this doesn’t change anything, what endpoints aren’t showing up? I can have a look at diagnostics and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Wes

Quick note, if importing from UnitiCore please make sure have latest version of SongKong because it includes important fix for reading from meta.naim files.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.