Need help understanding how arc works

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have arc working fine. when I select a suggested playlist and hit play i get a message the qobuz is not logged in. Does arc only work with a qobuz account? what about tidal?
I can login to qobuz and stream from bluOs app and from a stand alone qobuz app on any device but roon wont stream any music even tho i am logged in

Roon ARC will stream your local Roon files in addition to Tidal and/or Qobuz. If at home, it can connect to your network via WIFI. When away from home, it connects via your phone cellular service. For this to work, you need to set up port forwarding on your home router unless the Roon 2.0 installation did that automatically. On your Roon control, go to Settings - Roon ARC to see if it’s connected.

I have arc working with port forwarding. I just keep getting an error that im not logged into qobuz.
Even though i can access qobuz music any other way. All except anything roon related.

Maybe you need to go into Roon (not Roon ARC) and under Settings - Services, log out and back into Qobuz. If that doesn’t work, maybe log in and out of your Qobuz account outside of Roon.

i will tryy that

Hey @jeff_beckley,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you’ve been able to access your qobuz account via Arc?

If not, head into your Arc settings> ‘Reset Roon Arc’ and let me know if you’re able to gain access after this :+1:

I will try that. Something is strange.
I also have tidal and thats working.
If i am logged into both tidal and qobuz. When i try to access a stream and qobuz is not responding correctly it woukd make sense that if the same stream is available in tidal it should play.
It seems that arc only works if i have a working qobuz account.

Now… if i were to defeat qobuz in settings/ services/ qobuz then tidal streams are chosen.
My qobuz account is screwed up and getting help from qobuz is completely awful.
Nothing but caned responses.
I feel that arc is qobuz dependent. All selections are going to be pulled from qobuz and if qobuz cant play the arc wont look to tidal even when the stream is available.

Again i have to completely remove qobuz in order for arc to work with tidal.

Sometimes a track is removed from qobuz and we get a message that track is unavailable. Same thing happens with tidal. At
I figure having two streaming services i should be able to play a spicific song from one or the other. Not so. If arc fails at getting a qobuz song to play then its over. It doesn’t try tidal.
I know i repeted my issue but i wanted to make sure im understood.

Hey @jeff_beckley,

Arc is compatible with both qobuz and tidal, but the issues you are experiencing may be in relation to your network setup. If possible, can you give a more detailed breakdown of your network setup, and how your core is connected to the internet?

As a first step here, I would also give your network/router and core a hard reboot :+1:

Core connected directly to router.
Core is nuke.
My concerns are that arc tries to select a stream first from qobuz and if unsuccessful arc won’t try to play stream from tidal even if tidal has same song available.

If I were to remove qobus as a service then arc works fine with tidal.

Another way of saying this is.

It looks like arc uses qobuz as the primary source. If qobuz can’t provide the stream then arc errors out saying qobuz can’t play.

Why won’t arc then try tidal?

This is not a network issue.

I can play qobuz out side of arc.

Roon operates normally on all my devices on all platforms.

Arc operates on the road successfully when I chose a stream from my storage library.

I can’t get arc to chose a tidal stream unless I remove qobuz from services.

Everything I have written here is the same issue explained 5 different ways.

Hey @jeff_beckley,

Thank you for the infomration. We understand the issue you’ve explained, I will still need specific information on your network setup and how it relates to Roon. Here is what I’m looking for:

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

6. Are there any specific error codes displayed in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC tab? If so, can you post the error here?

Thanks!

Actiontec C3000A modem
No VPN, ect
No managed switches
Intel nuk core
No error messages from arc except when a stream can’t be played from qobuz.

And when I get that error ARC fails to stream from tidal.

You know even if things are working there are songs from qobuz that are no longer available due to licensing issues or what ever. When that happens ARC should look to tidal for the song.
But ARC doesn’t.

I have both tidal and qobuz. ROON lists if a particular song is available on both platforms. If a song is available on both what is the default service roon chooses?

Does ARC have a default service? Dies it look to qobuz first then to tidal for the same song? The only way I get ARC to chose any song from tidal is to remove qobuz as a service. Should not be that way.

I have no idea why my network configuration is necessary. My whole roon system is working great.

It’s a problem with arc not chosing tidal when qobuz can’t provide a chosen song.

ARC works great outside of my local network with the previous exception of only chosing qobuz streams.

Hey @jeff_beckley,

A few follow up quetions:

• Does this happen over home wifi? Or, only over your cellular network?

• Please check your user settings in Arc. Do your plackback settings have ‘Automatically pick best quality’ toggled on? If you toggle this setting off, does the same issue occur?

• In your Roon core settings>services, can you double-check that both Tidal and Qobuz are properly signed in, as well as have the correct settings (checking the streaming quality of your choice, and making sure both are synced with your library.) I would re-sign in on both services to get a refreshed login as well.

Let me know if you continue to see the issue after the above :pray:

Happens on wifi and internet.

Ok. I will try these things and a bit more.
Looks like this is an isolated thing.
I was hopeful you had other issues like mine and you could lead me.
No problem. I will try to isolate by trying different things.
Im an avionics technician and not unfamiliar with trouble shooting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.