Need help with trial - audio devices don't show up consistently

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mojava 10.14.4 on late 2013 MBP, Roon version 1.7 (build 610) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not having any network issues. Wifi to netgear router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

macbook pro(usb) -> Matrix SPDIF 2 (XLR/AES) -> Genelec 8341 speakers

Description Of Issue

I’m having two issues:

1. About 80% of the time when I start Roon it shows no audio devices. As a workaround I have to exit and restart Roon and then around 30% of the time I will then see my audio devices listed. When not, I then click around the interface until after 10 to 15 seconds they will suddenly appear. At this point, I can see my audio devices, but usually no sound comes out still, so I have to click ‘disable’ on my audio device, then click ‘enable’, and then it will finally work. It occasionally (around 20% of the time) will just work on startup, but usually i have to go through the above 3 to 4 steps, so it usually takes a minute or two before I can actually play music. The primary audio device I use is a Matrix SPDIF 2 which sends audio to my speakers via XLR/AES.

Note that I’ve never once experienced this issue when running Tidal, Qobuz, or Spotify directly so it seems to be a Roon software specific issue.

1. About 90% of the time when I startup Roon it forces me to enter my e-mail and password. Occasionally it doesn’t. And there is no mechanism for me to save my username or password. This is really annoying and an absolute deal breaker for me if there is no way around this. I’d like to be able to open up the app, like any other app, without having to reenter my credentials nearly every single time.

Hi @rand_777,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out, I can certainly look into these issues with you!

By this, do you mean that other zones are missing as well (such as System / Built-in Output), or does this behavior only impact the Matrix zone?

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date you next see this behavior occurring? I’d like to take a look at your Roon logs and I can enable diagnostics mode after I have the time of occurrence info.

Hi,

Thanks for your support! It just happened at 7:29 PM PDT when I logged in it requested my username and pass (see 1.png). How often should it normally require a login?

After I logged in all zones were missing under audio (see 2.png).

I then clicked around for a few minutes but still no audio. So I did my usual ‘exit then restart’ and after a few seconds all of my audio devices appeared (see 3.png). Usually at this step I can see my devices but no audio comes out, so then I ‘disable’ and re’enable’ the Matrix device to finally get audio.

Hi @rand_777,

Thanks for those screenshots, this is helpful! I’d like to review your logs, can I please ask that you use these instructions and send me a copy of your full Roon logs folder? If you have any issues accessing or don’t have a file transfer service, just let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.