Need some help setting up my Brookyln Dac with Roon and bluesound

One more thing did you try a different digital cable. Are you just using optical or coaxial as well?

I was originally using coax (AudioQuest). I tried optical and got same sound. I don’t have another coax cord to try. So it really makes me think it’s a bug with bluesound. I have the Metrum Ambre being delivered on Monday and will see how it woks then. I’ll return the Mytek it if the problem persists. So you had an issue with Mytek and bluesound too??

Not me know I just use the bluesounds DAC. I had issue with plugging anything into the optical in port on the Bluesound it causes playback to click and eventually drop out. Bluesound confirmed its a bug in the latest firmware. That’s why I suggested you send a support request to Bluesound from the app whilst it doing its playback issue so they can see if it is the Bluesound as it sends a full log of what’s going on. I take it you’ve tried playing from Bluesound app to see if its that’s ok or not to rule out Roon itself?

Ok I’ll send a note to bluesound. I have tried playing Roon and just BlueOS

I just hooked up cd player that has coax output and the same result of popping/cracking is happening.

To the mytek or Bluesound?

Mytek…The blusound works fine with I use COAX out to my receiver.

The Brooklyn has three coax inputs. Do they all exhibit this behavior?

3? I see 2 SPDIF and yes the both exhibited same behavior

Send it back sounds like its faulty.

Agree sounds like a bad DAC.

Yes two coax. Sorry I saw the third (which is optical) but interpreted it as the Word Clock out doubling as a third input. My mistake. It’s really not clear in the manual that the third SPDIF is optical.

I’m sending it back for sure.