Need support with Port Forwarding on BitDefender Box 2.0

Roon Core Machine

SonicTransporter Version 2.8

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ATT Fiber router > BitDefender Box 2.0

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    ATT Fiber

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Pace 5268AC - ATT Fiber modem
    Bitdefender Box 2.0 - router

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Orbi Wifi connected to Bitdefender Box 2.0, so the chain is like this:
    ATT Fiber (192.168.1.x) > BitDefender Box (172.24.1.1)

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Connected Audio Devices

MicroRendu - ethernet

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Getting this error trying to set up Roon ARC:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“104.ddd.eee.fff”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“172.aaa.bbb.bbb”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

I think it’s because you have the Fiber modem and a separate router. You will probably need to daisy-chain port forwarding rules, one on the Fiber modem to the router and then another one from the router to the SonicTransporter

1. Set up port forwarding on the Fiber. I guess you will need to do it manually.
    – The modem is the external interface and it must be able to forward from the external IP & port to the internal network, this being represented by the router
    – This port forwarding rule on the ISP Fiber should forward the port to the router.
  2. Then set up a similar rule on the router, so that it forwards further from its incoming port to the core
1 Like

@Theodore_Evangelakis, I also have the 5268AC and another router behind it that I use for all my LAN and WiFi (I deactivated WiFi on my 5268AC). @Suedkiez is correct, you need to create a port forwarding rule on the 5268AC pointing to the IP address of the BitDefender (172.24.1.1), and on the BitDefender create an identical port forwarding rule pointing to the IP address of your Roon Core (its address should be in the range 172.24.1.yyy).

There are many articles on the forum on how to configure port forwarding on the 5268AC, not sure about the BitDefender though. And it’s critical that you configure this with the TCP protocol on both routers using the port number Roon as has assigned to ARC in the Settings → Roon ARC tab.

Hey @Theodore_Evangelakis,

Checking in on this thread, did @Suedkiez and @Robert_F’s information help you?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.