Need tips to reduce Roon app latency (eg track play/stop, volume up/down, library browsing, etc)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini M1 8Gb/256Gb running the most recent release of Mac OS Big Sur.

Running Roon 1.8 build 790.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All Ubiquiti UniFi equipment as follows:
Controller version 6.1.71
UDM-Pro 1.9.3.3438
USW 48 PoE 5.43.35.12698
UAP-AC-Lite 5.43.35.12698
UAP-AC-IW 4.3.28.11361

Half of our Roon endpoints are hardwired into the UniFi switch, the other half connect via the access points.

All of the Roon App interactions are made via iPhone 12 Pro running the most recent version of iOS connecting to the local network via access point.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Primarily listening via one of several Sonos Beams connected via wireless access point, but also via Denon AVR-X4500H directly connected to the network switch.

Description Of Issue

I recently set up Roon for my audiophile spouse. So far, the feedback on audio quality has been solidly positive. The same goes for UI design and product features.

The only area where I hear some complaining is about slow responsiveness in the Roon app when doing simple things like start/stop a track, volume up/down, etc. In other words, there’s noticeable and undesirable latency between requesting an app action and the actual responsive execution of that action in the live playback experience.

What are some things that I can I do to reduce these types of app latency?

Hey @David_Lennie,

A belated welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m very sorry we’ve missed your post for this long :pleading_face: ! Our small team was a little overwhelmed with the number of requests we’ve received, but we’re hopeful that our responses will be much faster from now on.

Thank you for sharing all the information we asked for. I’ve moved your thread into the technical team’s queue, so they can share their insight and possible steps.

Thank you in advance for your patience :pray: