Need to sign in every time to TIDAL

Need to sign in every time i start my Win10 Client\Core

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs) Windows 10 (all updates), AMD FX 6300 6-Core 3.5GHz 16GB RAM

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured) FIOS 500MB ethernet

Audio devices in use:  N\A

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library): Core and music stored on Windows 10 PC,  2TB D:\ Drive

When I start the Core, Tidal needs login error. Click the Retry and from my Browser (FireFox) I select my log in and everything reconnects fine.

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

Have you seen any TIDAL login issues before our latest release?

Can you please reproduce this behavior, note the exact local time + date you see the issue occur and then send us a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to us is a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link but if you don’t have either service, just let us know and we can provide alternate upload instructions, thanks!

Sent the logs yesterday, were you able to retrieve them?

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

It looks like you sent the logs just to @dylan, but yes, I was able to retrieve them.
Do you by any chance know the time of the issue’s occurrence?

Hello. Facing the same errors in Window when starting up the Roon application. I will be then kicked over to Firefox broadest to log in again.

It works for awhile then issues with media loading slowly.

seems others experiencing this issue as well since latest build release.

1 Like

Every time I start the core. It’s mostly in the mornings when I get to my PC

Shut down Roon this morning and started again at 0752edt this morning. Needed re-authorization of Tidal

Pasted a new set of logs from this morning into the same DBox folder I sent to dylan earlier

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

Thanks for sending those logs over! I have forwarded them to the QA team and I’ve added your report to the investigation ticket we have into this matter.

1 Like

@noris Not sure if this update was supposed to address the Tidal issue but it did NOT fix anything. Tidal login issue still exists even after 2 reboots.

I have this every time as well, in two locations, two cores. It works to re-log-in through a browser, but that happens every time.

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

No, this update was an hotfix due to TIDAL content loading issues for TIDAL -> Your Favorites, our next release should have some improvements regarding TIDAL login though.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Server too busy to play music

Hello @Kevin_Owen,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

@nuwriy So not really fixed. I initially got the re log in error. Logged in and played. Shut down and started up again. Got logged in error.

Next I went into settings and did a full Log Out, then log in. Played music for a few minutes. Shut down, restarted and received the error. Clicked the log in to Tidal message but this time I was NOT taken to the Tidal web page to log in. Went into setting and it showed me logged in. I’ll try this a few more times and see if maybe the Log In to Tidal is an erroneous message.

OK, so It happened again on startup but this time, instead of pushing LOG IN TO TIDAL, I went directly to settings>services. Tidal shows as not logged in. Pressed the RED Log into Tidal banner at the bottom of the screen and watched as settings spun then showed logged in. DID NOT open a browser window to Tidal page for log in.

@nuwriy @noris No Response?

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

Thanks for the feedback here.

Yes, this is currently the expected behavior here. We are still looking into what further improvements here, but having the “retry” button work without having to re-login was the intended change for this release, so I am glad that there has been some progress towards this issue. Once we have further progress, we will make another announcement, thanks!

Excellent. Thank you. So odd that it worked flawlessly for so long and now this. Not as big a deal but still a bit of a hassle if I want to pick up where I left off from the previous listening.

Thanks again

1 Like