Network cannot find Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

brand new Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Symmetric dedicated DSL modem with crossover Ethernet connection to an Apple Time Capsule Wireless router with wireless, Ethernet and USB connections.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2 windows laptops (Lenovo Carbon X1 Gen 5 and Yoga X1), iPad Pro, 2 iPhones (6 and 8) all WiFi connected to the Time Capsule. The Nucleus is currently connected to one of the Time Capsules Ethernet connections using CAT5e cable [Apple documentation says these can be used to connect other Ethernet enabled devices]. laptops can be USB connected to various DACs

Description Of Issue

I am trying to migrate the core from the Yoga X1 to the Nucleus. Neither of the laptops nor iPad can find the Nucleus. I have powered everything off and on again several times, rechecked the connections etc. Help!

Hi @craig_williams — Apologies for the trouble here!

Just to verify, is this connected to the main router or is this Time Capsule a satellite /. access point?

Can you verify that the power and Ethernet lights on the back of the Nucleus are both lit?

Are you able to connect to the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?

Try using a scanner program such as fing to search your local network for the Nucleus’ IP address.

The Time Capsule is the main wireless router connected to the internet via a DSL modem. Power light is on. Ethernet light is not. The wireless requires a password but the wire connection should not. I cannot reach the web administrator.

I suggest you try a different LAN cable from the Apple APE to the Nucleus.

Hi @craig_williams,

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable? With an Ethernet connection this port should be lighting up, so knowing if a different cable works would be a great next step.

Switched to brand new CAT 5e cable; Nucleus found; all well for now, I am sure I will have more questions later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.