Network devices missing [resolved via email]

Roon core connected with mesh network

We can see Sonos apple tv and kef speakers on the network but no devices show up in roon
Help

Hi Dave,

First, I am going to move the post to the Support section so that Support can see and respond. Second, can you provide some information that will help Support, following the guidelines I’ve copy/pasted below.

One quick thing without knowing your setup at all, if your RoonCore is on a PC, try turning off the PC firewall and see if the audio devices appear. If they do, then you will need to make exceptions for Roon, roonSErver, Raatserver in your firewall exceptions.

=============================

To help our team resolve your issue, please make sure to describe the issue, and describe your setup:

Describe The Issue

When you start a thread in the #support category, Roon Support will need to know:

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”,etc.

If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened.

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

• Audio devices in use

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

Every post in the Support category is reviewed by our staff, so you don’t need to flag anyone down.