Network Error: Please check your internet connection just started. Tried everything I can find [Solved: Change DNS]

Roon Core Machine – NUCLEUS PLUS

NUCLEUSPLUS CORE -
OS = Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
SERVER SOFTWARE = Version 1.8 (build 795) stable
INTERNAL STORAGE = 4000GB, Samsung SSD 860
94% of 3697 GB available

Networking Gear & Setup Details

XFINITY MODEM in BRIDGING MODE > Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X (DHCP Server 192.168.1.XXX/24)> Ubiquiti 8-port gigabit switch (no configuration or management i.e. NO VLAN’S) > CAT6 wiring in house to music rack > NETGEAR GS108 gigbit switch in music rack > ROON NUCLEUSPLUS CORE

WiFi in home but error occurs on wired and wireless network. WiFi equipment > Ubiquiti AC-PRO AP
Network is flat in single IP range > 192.168.1.XXX/24

The ROON NucleusPlus core is at 192.168.1.215/24 and fully accessible through the web interface and SMB network. I changed the IP from .205 in trying to fix the problem. Changing went perfectly, but still same errors. I rebooted all devices after the change.

Connected Audio Devices

Direct connected via USB to Macintosh Music System (AMP)

Library Size

795 Albums showing in “Internal Storage” > Can’t get into ROON to check total tracks

Description of Issue

Unable to play music. Everything was working perfectly for 2 years with zero changes happening.
Error occurs when opening ROON software and it asks for login information. After log in info is submitted, the error appears.

Beginning Tuesday the error appeared. No changes or updates.
Open ROON app on ipad, Macbook, or Windows 10 PC receive same error
“Network Error: Please check your internet connection”

Steps taken already:
Changed DNS servers across network to several different ones including Google, Quad 9’s, ISP (Xfinity), and to main router. Rebooted equipment each time and verified DNS change.
Downloaded ROON software to brand new Windows 10 computer hardwired to data same unmanaged data switch with ROON core, same error. Manually changed DNS to all listed above with no improvement.
I can ping everything (LAN and internet), I can access the ROON NucleusPlus core, I can browse the internet with zero issues on all devices to every website, including this one.
I have rebooted everything MANY times and in different order.
I have reset my password on ROONLABS website.
I have updated the ROON OS.
I have moved the ROON to a different location on the network (different switch, hardwired). Where I connected it to an HDMI video source and get command line feedback. In new location same error, but can browse to web interface and files with zero issues.
I have read MANY people dealing with this issue and tried anything that had not already been tried, but all are listed here.

HERE ARE SCREENSHOTS

What are the gateway and dns settings?

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.215
DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1 (the EdgeRouter X)
NETMASK: 255.255.255.0
DNS SERVER: 1.) 192.168.1.1 (although tried 8.8.8.8 as well) 2.) 8.8.8.8 (and tried 8.8.4.4 when 8’s were the primary)
Used both static IP addressing and DHCP with reservation for specific IP (192.168.1.215)

Still same error every time. Internet is perfect, no issues. No new equipment, no updates to network at all.

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.215
DEFAULT GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1 (the EdgeRouter X)
NETMASK: 255.255.255.0
DNS SERVER: 1.) 192.168.1.1 (although tried 8.8.8.8 as well) 2.) 8.8.8.8 (and tried 8.8.4.4 when 8’s were the primary)
Used both static IP addressing and DHCP with reservation for specific IP (192.168.1.215)

Still same error every time. Internet is perfect, no issues. No new equipment, no updates to network at all.

Maybe try 1.1.1.1 as a 2nd address…ie 192.18.1.1 1.1.1.1 but otherwise I think it’s all ok

I think they are separated by a space, but my nucleus is powered now right now…off to sleep for me.

1 Like

This worked! Using 1.1.1.1 for primary DNS worked. Now the question for ROONLABS is why did all other viable options (Google, Quad 9’s, ISP, local router, etc.) not work, but this singular option solve it??

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.