Network errors streaming Qobuz (but not library files)

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini Server (Mid 2011)
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB Ram
MacOS High Sierra

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The Roon Core is wired to the Router/Modem. The endpoint is a RPi 4 running roopie connected to LAN via Wifi. The problem is only limited to streaming Qobuz via Roon. I don’t get the same issues with library files, AirPlay or Spotify Connect on the same endpoint.

Connected Audio Devices

I as streaming from the RPI to a Peachtree 150

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I often have streaming issues (errors or skipping to next track) with Qobuz. I don’t experience the same issue when streaming from the library.

Hi @Francesco_Bailo.
Could you please tell us if this happens when you start playback from the core?

Hi,
What do you mean exactly?
I can play a few seconds then it will skip to the next song. It won’t happen if I output the same track on the core or using the iPhone.

Sorry for confusion. The test which I wanted to ask you to execute is:

1. Go to System → Audio in Roon
  2. Enable System Output audio zone located on your macOS machine (on the core)
  3. Try to play Qobuz tracks via this zone
  4. See if you are able to reproduce the original issue

Also could you provide with Logs of the core.

For this you need to follow this instructions - https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/logs#macOS_Core

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Find and open the Roon or RoonServer folder

There will be Logs folder which is needed for us to examine the problem. Zip it and send it via any way you find convenient (DropBox, Google drive link, etc.)

Thanks but I think I solved it. It was really an issue with the weak (hyper sensitive) wifi reception of the RPi 4. I actually solved the issue by moving it farther from the wall in front of my TV instead of behind it. Now Qubuz playback seems stable (at least so far so good). Still this problem only emerged while using Roon and not while using Airplay or Spotify connect on the same endpoint - maybe it requires a much more stable wifi signal?

Thank you. Actually we load big file formats like FLAC (not to lose in quality) which requires more stable and strong network.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.