Roon Nucleus+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link and Netgear switches, Eero mesh network

Connected Audio Devices

USB connection to DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Not applicable

Description of Issue

I’m an installer for a Roon dealer in the Minneapolis area. I have a customer with a Roon Nucleus+ that’s we’ve been trying to add a network share to. I’ve had no issues adding network shares to the Roon account and Nucleus+ demo unit that’s in our showroom. When trying to add a network share residing on the customer’s laptop, either using the Roon app on his iPad or the Roon software on the laptop itself, it won’t allow me to add the network share. The laptop is running Windows 10, but I don’t recall if it’s the Home or Pro version. I’ve got a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science so I’m well familiar with Workgroups, User Logins, computer networking and share enabling. Everything in the customer’s setup is set exactly as we have it on our server at the store, which for demo purposes is also running Windows 10. I don’t recall if the error message said something about not finding the network share, that it couldn’t connect, or if it was generic. I’ve followed the instructions and also tried other options relating to share enabling and network visibility within Windows 10, but to no avail. Any help that your can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I know you said you are a CS but… (I r ME so just suggesting what I know)

Is SMB enabled in “Windows Features” on the Win10 machine?

And (if you didn’t follow these already)…

Hey @Matt_Hardy,

I am so sorry that it’s been this long until we got a chance to reply - please, accept my apologies for the delay.

While it’s been quite some time, I wonder if the network share issue persists? The articles shared by @bearFNF are right on point - thanks @bearFNF!

I wonder if there’s anything else we can do for you?