Network share unmounted, trying to re-mount in Roon [Resolved - Reboot + Firmware Update]

Bumping this up to the top again, folder unmounted and I cannot remember the syntax.

First thing I have to do is add network share

smb://TImeCapsule/Data/Roon

I then enter the username and password, and it still says “Could not connect to share: host not found.”

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery about what’s going on here? Am I using the incorrect syntax for the folder location or is it not recognizing my username and password for the network drive?

Thanks in advance
Matthew

Hi @Matthew_Partrick ---- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation with us.

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. Please verify the make and model (specs as well) of the device hosting your Roon core.

2. Are you able to reach the Time capsule successfully on your network outside of Roon?

Lastly, I am not sure if you have visited our knowledge base yet, but we have good documentation on the best approach for working with a NAS + Roon. Can you please give the article a read and let me know what else you’ve tried thus far?

-Eric

Hey thanks for your help!

Core is on Macbook Air, 2016, which is then backed up by a 2015 Time Capsule.

I can contact and connect the Time Capsule outside of Roon.

I re-ran Airport Utility last night and updated all the firmware on the TC as well as the airport express I’m using as a bridge. That seemed to work FWIW. I’m glad you linked the article above however, because I’m always trying to learn more about NAS and Roon.

Thanks!
Matthew

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Partrick ---- Thank you for the follow up and the kind words.

I would like to confirm that since performing the updates last night, the TC is now mounted successfully in Roon, correct?

-Eric

Yes, I think we’re good to go. Previously I’ve had two separate problems that I’ve had to work through

1. confirming that the TC is actually talking to the network and that the files are available
  2. confirming that the syntax for pointing Roon to the TC is accurate

I rebooted Airport Utility and updated all the firmware and confirmed that the username and password for the TC were accurate. This combined with rebooting the whole system TC first then Roon then adjusting the storage settings seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help!
Matthew

1 Like