Networked audio devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Antipodes CX/Roon 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) Core is Ethernet Laptop is wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) MacBook Air WiFi

Description Of Issue
Under Settings Audio I do not see any networked audio devices one local.

Hi @Tom_Russell,

Can you elaborate a bit on your networking setup?

• How is the Core connected to the network?
  • What networking hardware is in use (router, switches, etc.)?
  • What networked zones are you trying to play to? How are they connected? Are they on the same subnet?

Thanks,
Dylan

The core is connected by Ethernet through a Netgear ORBI router
with no switches. I am trying to play my IPad and my MacBook computer by WiFi

HI @Tom_Russell,

When we have seen type of issue in the past it was most often due to a firewall blocking Roon somewhere along the line. Can you please use these instructions (<-Clickable link) to make sure that you have added both Roon and RAATServer as exceptions to your OSX firewall?

If you have any active antivirus or firewall applications installed on that PC (such as Bullguard/Little Snitch/McAFee/ect.) is there any change in behavior if you temporarily disable this? If there is a change when this firewall is disabled, then we know to take a closer look and add an exception for Roon to it.

I would also make sure that the zones have been enabled in Roon Settings -> Audio before attempting to play back audio to it. You can find out more info about Roon zones in this guide and once you have enabled the zone, you can switch to it by using the zone picker.

Note: iPhone/iPad zones by default are “Private Zones” and if you want to control these zones from your Macbook, you will need to ensure that you have disabled the Private Zones Toggle in the Device Setup Tab:

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.