Networking issues - I need help please

Depending on the system it is possible to lower the output of the AP’s which can mitigate what you are pointing out.

I am beginning to wonder if there’s interference on the channel the mesh is running on.

Possibly, and these Netgear devices do not appear to have configurable power settings. Additionally, two frequencies are set up for fronthaul and the third is a dedicated backhaul (I believe the 5.8 band). Unfortunately Netgear, like many other mesh vendors, forces a single SSID so you are not able to force devices into a specific band as needed. Let’s see how this develops.

1 Like

One reason why I chose UniFi.

I have two outbuildings that are both connected via mesh. There’s a primary outdoor mesh AP attached to our house which is backhauled via PoE to my core. The two outbuildings have AP’s meshed to the outdoor AP. Hanging off the two meshed AP’s are managed switches. I have had Roon endpoints in both locations play 8-12 hours continuously without issue. Having some ability to dial them in has been key to this stability.

1 Like

Some of our customers use Ubiquiti fixed wireless access solutions, so have been following Ubiquiti for a few years now. They seem to offer a lot, especially for more complex home deployments compared to more simple pray-and-spray solutions.

I have a smaller home, so Asus AiMesh works. It’s not quite pray-and-spray as I have been able to tune it, but I’ve have been thinking about getting some Ubiquiti equipment in to become familiar with it. Glad it’s working reliabily for you.

1 Like

I will check on that guys. Sorry lost internet for a while bug in firmware of course

Ok local stuff is different. It says hardware problem because it is running slowly. So same problem but it gives me different conclusion

I have nuc connected to router. It is no different than before. Maybe even worse

I am enabling wifi on sotm to try that

So far it is working without dropout.

Nope started again.

Did you reboot everything including router?

Yes I sure did

I think I may have fixed it. I have the satellite in my music room and it is plugged in with Ethernet to sotm. Maybe the extra five feet going to the master bedroom with the second satellite is causing the problems. I am still going to run a hardwired connection from router into music room again. Yeah this seems to be working great still. All this time and money. Thanks for all the help folks. I sure appreciate it.

2 Likes

Glad it has stablized for you Ron. Enjoy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.