New albums differs dramatically between Tidal app outside Roon. Why?

Hi again,

My search continues why so many new albums every Friday shows up in Tidal outside Roon but not within Roon software? Even if I wait a couple of days there are about 40-50 new albums in Tidal and maybe just 10 new albums inside Roon. So - now I have to manually search in Roon and looking on Tidal on my Iphone at the same time. Not the most handsome way to find new music right? :slight_smile:

The Tidal support says this:

"The reason that your TIDAL application on your iOS device and computer are displaying different released content than TIDAL within the Roon app is that Roon has developed the application that TIDAL interfaces with.

This means that content available, even features may or may not be available."

Any clues from Roon about this?

Thanks,

Johannes

1 Like

Tidal pushes the album data to roon and this involves a synch delay, almost all on the Tidal end.

Hi @Johannes_Larsson,

Can you provide any specific examples of content you’re seeing in TIDAL but not in Roon? Where are you looking for this content in Roon? Can you share screenshots?

As noted by Ged, and in the KB, there can sometimes be a delay in new releases being available in Roon:

When you’re browsing TIDAL in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s TIDAL database, not a direct pass through of what’s shown on TIDAL – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind TIDAL when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff, and will show up in a day or two.

You need to look under each individual genre that you are interested in - there will be more albums there than is on the ‘featured’ splash page. Same is true with Qobuz. Not sure why this is, but it took me a couple of weeks to figure out when I first subscribed (I switched from Tidal to Qobuz six months ago).

I’m really surprised that you don’t know that the new album listing is different in the main featured page view from each individual genre view. This should be inn the KB for sure.

For example, if I’m in the Qobuz ‘Grand Selection’ I don’t see the new Ritual of Mine release but there it is if I select the ‘Electronic’ genre, along with a bunch of other releases not on the featured page. I have a feeling this has screwed up many a new user.

Hello again,

I have attached some pictures and the first one is from Roon as we speak. I choose the tab Tidal and then I choose New and those albums appears, in total 14 new album as of 11th of October. The rest of the pictures shows “Proposed new albums” in Tidal on my computer and in the app in iPhone, and as you can see, totally different albums and in total 184 new albums.

Or am I missing something? :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Johannes

Two things:

It can take awhile for Roon to populate new albums from the streaming services - I’ve seen some take a long as Monday morning, though usually by Friday afternoon, Saturday morning it’s all good.

Second, did you try looking under individual genres as I suggested?

A post was split to a new topic: Igor Levit’s release of the complete Beethoven piano sonatas

Recently added a new album does not appear in the roon album form.

Sometimes the synchronising between Tidal and Roon takes a while. You can force it by either tapping the circular arrow top left of the overview or Tidal screen, or if that fails, by settings > services > Tidal > edit > sync library now.

1 Like

Today was released new album from Tindersticks No Treasure but Hope available on Tidal native app, but I cannot find it within roon tidal anyhow… It is already in my Tidal favourites, but neither my roon library shows it nor any kind of serch can find it…

It won’t be in roon yet as it was only released yesterday. As the responses in this thread say there is a gap between Tidal and roon.

Just because it’s not on the new releases page does not mean its not in Roon. Search and you will find it. Same happens in Tidal app itself they don’t put all releases on the release page.

That’s Qobuz not Tidal, no Tidal logo showing, so it hasn’t fed through yet.

1 Like

Oh yeah! Lol never Looked that closely.