New Amazon 8 won't let Roon "stay awake"

Thanks Bill, it seems to be staying awake now for some reason. Still it does sometimes go back to the amazon screen. Guess a glitch?
I think I can probably live with it though :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that your issue is still ongoing and there appears to be no ability to pin apps on your version. Might try accessing the Developer Options to see if you can keep your tablet awake and maybe find the pin option within it. Here is a link to show you where to find these options…

How to keep your Amazon Fire device from going to sleep

I looked in the Developer Options, didn’t see anything there that would pin.

I’ve been thinking that the Roon Android app just crashes every day or so. Don’t know how to check for that.

Yep, been experiencing roon app crashes, on a daily basis, using my Amazon 10 HD tablet for some time now. Been unable to pinpoint what triggers it.

But do you not see the “Stay Awake” option within the Developers Options? That was my primary purpose for sharing the last link.

I don’t know why but it seems to be staying awake with the setting in Roon now. Adaptive brightness off. Played 4 albums with no problem now, might crash might not. I suppose one way of looking at it is it’s a nostalgia from having to get up every 20 mins to flip my vinyl…oh, I still do too;)

Many thanks for the brain storming and I’ll let you know if the “problem” emerges again.

2 Likes