New core issues

I ripped all of my CDs on an iMac with 1Tbyte disk. I eventually ran low on space - could not install an update. I was ripping with iTunes, but Roon found them just fine.

My remote was a Mac mini connected to a large screen TV and a Benchmark DAC. The mini was getting beyond Apple upgrades - could not load Ventura.

So I bought a new M2 mini with 2 Tbytes of SSD storage, running Ventura. I copied the whole music directory from the iMac and moved it to the new mini. I got it to play, but Apple Music is not connected to the new music.

I still consider myself a Roon newby, and I have two questions:

1. Some albums have acquired multiple copies of some of the tracks.
    How do I fix this with no risk of actually deleting content I want to keep?

2. Right now iTunes/Apple Music is broken. The old iMac lost its Music directory I had to delete it to make space), the new mini Apple Music no longer works after I tried to point it to the new music directory. I can’t find any way to download a new copy of Apple Music. Not your problem on the Roon discussion group.
    So the question is - what is the best way to rip CDs into Roon?

@Jonathan_Fellows, I use iTunes to rip my CDs for use by iTunes/Apple Music and for Roon as its music directory. When I purchase new digital music (typically on Bandcamp), I just drop its folder into the iTunes/Apple Music application and let Apple Music create a new directory for it using its system. I have Roon pointing to my Apple Music directory and all is good.

One approach for you is to drag and drop all of your previously ripped CD folders into the Apple Music application on your new M2 mini and let it organize itself, then point Roon to that directory. Is that an option for you?

Hey @Jonathan_Fellows,

Ben here with the support team. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through each thread. I wanted to check in on things, and see if you were still running into issues?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.