New Core not scanning music folders

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TBS-464, Intel(R) Celeron(R) N5105 , up to 2900 MHz (4 cores, 4 threads), 8GB with four 2TB SSDs configured as Raid 0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Ethernet, Core is logged in and accessible and all data is copied via Dropbox sync. Same config as existing QNap HS-453DX that I’m migrating from. Both are on network, and no other network issues.

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2, Naim Nova and Roon PC as a client.

Number of Tracks in Library

Ha! That’s the problem. The new core is not detecting the sub-folders and the files within them to scan the files. Will be largeish, getting close to 100,000 tracks over 6,000 ish albums.

Description of Issue

New Core is not scanning files, even if I choose a sub-folder with just a single album in it.

The storage folder screen just sits with a message of “Waiting for new files in real time.”

Russ

Check for skipped files in settings, and also check folder permissions on the NAS.

No skipped files, and Roon is running on the NAS the files are on and can view the folder structure and files within.

Sounds like the following known issue to me:

Thanks, but not working.

I add a Share to the existing folder containing all the music and then add a network share with no user permissions as \127.0.0.1\ShareDropMusic . The share has guest access read-only. I get "There was an Unexpected error: Unespected Error.

Both QNap are running the Same Qnap code, 5.0.0.1986. The difference being one has been in place for a few years and been upgraded over time the other is fresh new install of both Qnap and Roon.

Sorry but I can’t follow you here, nothing of what you did should be necessary or is understandable to me. The folder containing all your music or a parent folder of it should already be a network share that just need to be added in Roon. If you want to try other solutions too, please click on the thread title in the article I shared above, it’s a link hence the blue color, and read through the full thread.

It’s maybe better you stay with your working install until the issue gets resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.