New Expert Pro 'Streamer and OS board'

No. Not ‘blind’ anyway. Although I do use a BNC to AES convertor from Neutrik, but again only on recommendation that AES is best with Devialet. I couldn’t tell any input apart blind.

That’s not to say others with different ears/systems wouldn’t of course.

1 Like

The latest from Devialet is here: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005657385-Core-Infinity-Log-November-15th. Of particular interest is the statement: “Roon Advanced Audio Transport is already on our roadmap, we are looking into how we can speed it up. There are some other groundwork developments already underway, and we will have a better vision in the coming months. We heard you loud and clear and will, of course, keep you updated.” Is this a whoopee statement!!!

Sounds promising (to me) :+1:

Certainly the most positive response from Devialet, re RAAT, so far :heart_eyes:. Let’s hope it continues in this very +ve way::smiley:.

Danny has been hinting at it, but off course had to keep the confidentiality of a ‘new’ partner.

Now that it’s officially out there that Devialet have RAAT on their roadmap for the Expert range here’s hoping things will progress quicker.

Still expect it to be a few months as believe to be a certified endpoint would mean Roon having to physically test an Expert Pro with the new Core Infinity installed, along with the software.

Devialet just published a news update on their blog.

3/ ROON

The Roon integration of our AIR protocol. We are finalizing with Roon a fully-compatible and improved release.

Roon Advanced Audio Transport is already on our roadmap, we are looking into how we can speed it up. There are some other groundwork developments already underway, and we will have a better vision in the coming months. We heard you loud and clear and will, of course, keep you updated.

It almost seems like @hifi_swlon’s criticism is starting to bite!

Edit: Sorry, a bit late to the puck on that one…

Not to worry, at least the message is getting out :grinning:.

What message :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“The Roon integration of our AIR protocol. We are finalizing with Roon a fully-compatible and improved release.

Roon Advanced Audio Transport is already on our roadmap, we are looking into how we can speed it up. There are some other groundwork developments already underway, and we will have a better vision in the coming months. We heard you loud and clear and will, of course, keep you updated”

That one :joy:.

Well there is still a big difference between having a vision and finally product ready to use :wink:

Getting Devialet to state that RAAT is on their roadmap is HUGE. I’m fine if it takes them many months to get it done… Roon AIR is a fine solution until then.

In truth, many have already taken on this challenge successfully - take a look at the long list of Roon Ready products already on the market. It shouldn’t be rocket science for Devialet to implement RAAT. Now, getting them to prioritize it is another matter.

“Roon Advanced Audio Transport is already on our roadmap, we are looking into how we can speed it up.

I think that this is the important part - the speeding up. I would like them to approach the speed limit, or even break it :smile:.

Agreed! I’m glad they finally said something.

We’ve delivered them the SDKs a while ago and discussed it at length. They are ready to go, just need to sort out their Core Infinity issues. We are all looking forward to this being done.

1 Like

So now it’s not a case of ‘if’, but ‘when’ :+1:

LOL! Yeah but when :frowning:

1 Like

@danny Can you give us an update?

You know he can’t… :slight_smile:

Two most likely scenarios:

1 It’s essentially done but D just can’t get through QA because it’s higher than their usual standards. It will take a while but will be much more stable for it (probably the whole device even with air will be more stable). It should come by end year.

2 They’ve done everything including passed QA, but are holding out to launch it with some other new software/firmware (that will obviously be massively behind schedule). It should come 2019.

Just my thoughts.

FWIW I can’t wait for the day it arrives and it can’t cone soon enough!

1 Like

Devialet announcing something new on 10.10

They are giving me their top model on my Birthday?

I’ve no interest in their new products or PR nonsense. I wish they’d stop all the stupid apple style marketing - there’s no audience for it anyway - and spend the money on making things work properly.

4 Likes