New Features Voting

Personally, I feel it’s the best way to end up with a camel, if by that you mean that the votes are binding.

Roon Labs has a vision of what they want to do, and where they want to be. They do actually give broad-brush pointers to this in their occasional forum posts on direction. On past performance, I’m happy to trust them, and I always have the chance to add my two penn’orth via the Features Request category. They do read these.

Something like mobile modes and access will likely happen I’m guessing due to the nature of streaming and the broader availability of data on the go - but its still a question of how the foundations of Roon will need to change to support it - and this is likely where the long delay is IMHO.

As to the voting…not everyone running Roon wants to be coming here to vote on things or get support (assuming they need it) so we might have a rather unrepresentative audience of rooms real customer base in the active memberships in the community here…

It should never be “binding”. Heck, the OP did not even mention decision making, just being able to visualise the most requested features, and I think that’d be valuable info. Sure, it might create expectations and so on, but it’s a common feature on many fora.

1 Like

A built-in way to visualize feature request importance from forum member perspective I’ve mentioned a few posts above. :arrow_up_small:

So we have a company that says it reads all the new feature requests. And the users have a way, courtesy of @anon47919701, of seeing what the hyper-interested minority want. And none of it is binding.

Sounds like all interests are served except for the only-children (like me) who are accustomed to get their way.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.