New house and router - Roon does not find the networked devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel NUC W10 64bit. Latest Roon Build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
EE Smart Hub. All other networking removed for testing. Pixel 2 as remote

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Meridian MS600 & Squeezebox touch - Both wired ethernet

Description Of Issue
New router installed and Roon does not find the networked devices.

Testing so far:
Reboot of whole chain.
All devices are visible on the network.
Removing old database files (renamed), thus starting Roon afresh allows the devices to be discovered by Roon.
Rename old database location back to “Roon” and devices are no longer discovered by Roon.
Pixel will “see” the core but not connect, I can also play music to the phone from the core but no way to use as remote as Android app reports connection failed, also resolved by a fresh database.

Changed IP DHCP range, reassigned all new IP addresses. Tried old fixed IP addresses.

Any help appreciated as it’s frustrating me somewhat!

Cheers,
Matt

Hi @Hectorson,

Are you able to see any devices when you go to Settings > Audio? Can you share a screenshot of this?

Have you got a windows (or 3rd party) firewall enabled on the NUC?

Thanks for this, turning the firewall off briefly allowed the devices to be discovered.

Turns out that when the network was created I had inadvertantly set it as a public network which applied more restrictive firewall rules. All now sorted!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.