New Install Crashes after 10 Seconds

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - Build 19041
Latest build of Roon (Just Downloaded!)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Unify Dream Machine Router. Lan Connectivity to Core. Lan connectivity to Seagate DP6 NAS. All working perfectly!

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chromecast Audio.
I haven’t got to the point yet of setting up my audio devices because the software crashes!

Description Of Issue
I have been a long time user of Roon, almost since the day the software launched.

9 Months ago I was diagnosed with a major illness, and so to try to consolidate my finances I cancelled my Roon subscription (amongst others) and uninstalled the software.
Thankfully I am now much better, and I want to go back to Roon.

I have just downloaded the latest build to the same PC that I was previously running Roon, added my music folders from my NAS (same one as previously) and launched Roon.

As soon as it is launched I get the dreaded “Not Responding” in the application Window and then “Poomph” the application window exits with no error message or anything!

This is VERY disappointing given that I am using the same hardware and network environment as I was 9 months ago when Roon worked perfectly.

Can you help?

I suspect you may have had a windows update that has overwritten your graphics drivers. Go to the manufacturer of the graphics card or Intel if it’s an Intel embedded card and get the latest drivers NOT windows update. See if that fixes it.

Thanks…Well I tried updating my graphics driver and it made no difference :frowning: :worried:
I have about 1700 albums in a folder on my nas…whilst doing the initial import, I get to 54 albums imported and then…“Bang”…the app just exits with no error message or anything!

Anyone else got any suggestions?

This is a link to a Zip file of my Logs folder if anyone can inrerpret this? Thanks

Hello @Peter_Myers1, and thanks for your report! After you’ve verified that you’ve completed your windows updates and checked GPU drivers, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I noticed that you sent RAATServer logs, but for this issue I’ll want to take a look at your Roon logs instead. Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy…sorry for the delay in getting back to you
THIS LINK will take you to the Roon Logs.

After a lot of messing around I finally got the system working by reverting to a separate installation on my Windows PC of Roon Server, and then separate installation of Roon, using the Core created by the server install.

I’m glad to hear that you’re up and running now, @Peter_Myers1. We’ll get these logs over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.