New instance of the “stuck” while importing issue

I am on a stable MacPro core using the lastest Roon update. My last group of ripped cds is showing the importing icon and the message says that it is importing 0 of 253 tracks. That is the message since Weds evening.

I have been importing 1000s of tracks from cds and downloads and have not had this problem before.

Can we go through the troubleshooting steps for this problem?

Hello @Ross_Frank,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. I have a few troubleshooting questions that will help me have a better understanding of this issue:

• Can you please let me know where the tracks are stored, are they on a NAS or a local hard disk on the Macbook Pro?
  • If the music is saved on a NAS, is it connected directly to your Router or are you using any switches?
  • Is there anything unique regarding the format of the new CDs that is different than the old imports that have worked previously (file format, bitrate, special characters in the tracks/albums name)?
  • Can you please click on the Activity Spinner icon in the top right-hand corner of Roon and paste a screenshot of what you’re seeing?
    The activity spinner looks like this:
    And if you click on it, it should reveal a page similar to this one:

Please post a screenshot of the second page.

Please let me know your replies to the above questions when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Dear Noris,

Thanks for working on this with me. I cannot figure out what is going on.

Here are the answers to your questions:

• Can you please let me know where the tracks are stored, are they on a NAS or a local hard disk on the Macbook Pro?

NAS machine:
Drobo 5N

tracks: about 44,500 tracks.

• If the music is saved on a NAS, is it connected directly to your Router or are you using any switches?
    Network: cat6 cable, switches at core and NAS endpoints.

I rip or download the tracks to a MacPro, convert if needed using XLD, add to iTunes, and then copy the tagged files to the NAS over the network.

• Is there anything unique regarding the format of the new CDs that is different than the old imports that have worked previously (file format, bitrate, special characters in the tracks/albums name)?
    nothing different - I had last ripped disks a couple of weeks earlier.

These tracks are playable - both the iTunes and NAS files work. They are in m4a format.

• Can you please click on the Activity Spinner icon in the top right-hand corner of Roon and paste a screenshot of what you’re seeing?
    The activity spinner looks like this:

see attached…

Roon-Ross Frank-092818 .pdf

Here is my setup:
Roon 1.5, build 354, 64 bit

Roon Core machine:
SGC SonicTransport i7

NAS machine:
Drobo 5N

tracks: about 44,500 tracks

Network: cat6 cable, switches at core and NAS endpoints
Router: AT&T UVERSE Model 5268AC Firmware updated within the last 6 mos.

Speaker endpoints:

a. NAD C368 with BlueSound module connected to speakers
b. ultraRendu 1.6 —> Schiit Gungnir DAC —> Anthem 225 connected to speakers
c. BlueSound Node 2 —> speakers
d. microRendu —> Topping 50 —> Topping MT60 —> speakers
e. BlueSound Pulse Mini
f. Mac Pro (Mid-2012) 6 core Xeon, 16GB ram —> Sennheiser HDVD 800 —> headphones

All 4 endpoints wired

Ross Frank

Well, you worked the troubleshooting magic remotely. All the stalled items appeared just now. I guess my filling out the answers to your questions embarrassed all of the components!

Hello @Ross_Frank,

Thanks for providing the screenshots. I just want to confirm, the stalled tracks have now imported properly and Roon is working as expected? If they have all imported properly it was likely due to something environmental that was affecting your setup that has resolved itself. Please let me know if you are running into any other issues or if everything is working as expected I will then mark this thread as solved.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Yes, it has resolved itself. I will let you know if the problem resurfaces.

1 Like