New iPad from backup shows up as double

Hello,

So here’s a interesting one.
I just bought a new iPad Air and restored it from my old iPad mini backup
The iPad mini is still working as an endpoint in the kitchen only now the iPad Air is its double, and no matter what I cannot have Roon identify it as a separate iPad, probably because I restored from iCloud backup.

Any idea of what to do, aside from formatting and setting up as a new iPad?

Thank you

Oh and it doesn’t play music…just skips all tracks.

I had the same happen when I bought a new iPad and used my iPad mini backup to set it up.

To fix it, delete the Roon app from the new iPad. Then go to the App Store and download a new/fresh copy of the Roon app to your new pad.

I believe what is happening is that when we loaded the Roon app from another pad’s backup, the Roon app’s internal settings stay the same so it “thinks” both pads are the same device. By loading a “new/fresh” copy of the Roon app to the new pad, it’s able to see it as a different device.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you,

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me.

Hmmm…odd. I wonder if it would work if after deleting the Roon app, you reboot (or a “*hard reset” see below) the new iPad, then go to the App Store and download the Roon app.

*Hard Reset:
Firstly, hold down both the power and home button at the same time Continue holding both buttons down, the screen will eventually go blank The Apple logo will then appear, release all buttons. This will now restart your iPad and should fix any bugs you were experiencing.