Live Radio metadata for 100+ stations incl. BBC, Radio France, FLAC radios and more

Metadata-enriched stations can also be found by looking for “Metadata Service” in Roon Search (thx @BrianW for tagging them).

(be aware that due to Roon search limitation only 50 stations are shown, there are actually more than 60)

5 Likes

Outstanding. :clap:

1 Like

This is awesome! Sent you some beer money. Cheers :beers:

Thank you Mitch! Friday evening, perfect timing :beer: :slight_smile:

Update March 16th,2022

• ADDED Lucifer FM (FLAC)
  • ADDED Bru Zane Classical
  • ADDED Cro Radio Wave (FLAC)
  • Fixed Intense Radio (FLAC)
  • Fixed Klasu Pro (FLAC)
  • Improved FIP/France Inter/France Culture
  • Improved monitoring tool with dropdown for detailed metadata visualisation

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please report station errors here

Fantastic, could you look at the RTE Stations in Ireland & ideally RTE LyricFM.
Not sure if there is any feed provided in real-time.

Thanks,
Simon

I’ve been trying to find a feed for songs on RTE Lyric FM. The only one on their site is broadcasting program name, which is not so useful. I have added it anyway. Let me now if it’s worth doing it for the other RTE stations.

1 Like

Excellent, just tried it now, as just back home

Could you try for RTE Radio 1 also?

I’ve just added program name display for the 9 RTE stations I found in Roon’s Live Radio database, including RTE Radio 1.

3 Likes

Just a note the Program name doesn’t update as the programs progress. They only update on start/stop of the stream, then the program name is corrected.

That shouldn’t be the case… which station was it?

It was RTE LyricFM and the transition between “Marty in the Morning” and “Niall Carroll’s Classical Daytime” at 10am

OK, I have changed a parameter to allow for faster updates in certain cases. I have also seen that not all program updates are relfected in the data feed (5 minutes short programs are not always considered).
But there should not be any need to restart the stream to get updates.

Many thanks - will monitor the transitions - maybe not until the weekend, as it’s back to work from tomorrow for me.

I have written to RTE requesting a real-time metadata feed of what is being played on RTE LyricFM, let’s see if I get a response.

1 Like

Update March 22nd, 2022

• ADDED Mother EarthRadio - Klassik (FLAC)
  • ADDED Mother EarthRadio - Instrumental (FLAC)
  • BUG investigation : RTE stations take minutes to update… Some funky cache stuff happening, will keep looking for the solution…
3 Likes

Hi, There is still an issue with the Program name not updating on RTE LyricFM.
Listening to the station this morning, and the program changes at 1pm IST, but the displayed metadata didn’t change until I stopped and restarted the stream.

Updates are actually unexpectedly slow. On the example below, it can take up to 11 mn (RTE Gold), and 1-2 minutes for the others (time in this table is UTC).
I keep investigating, RTE is the only channel showing this behaviour…

Ok, thanks for the update