Velop Linksys Wifi 5 Mesh Router system
Netgear Gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert Pro 220
KEF LS50 Wireless

Number of Tracks in Library

32000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Since a recent ios update - Sonoma 14.1.2, Roon lost connection with the NAS. I am able to find the NAS in Finder, but the connection is via AFP. The SMB connection gives me the below error.

The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Public” can’t be found.

The root folder of the NAS is visible, the music path is /public/music and I am unable to access the ‘public’ folder. I have tired rebooting and relaunching Finder, but to no avail.

The NAS can be reached via the AFP connection, but this is not supported by ROON

Appreciate your support on how to restore the connection

regards,
Sanjeeb

Hello Roon support team. Any guidance would be appreciated

Hi @Sanjeeb_Rose,

Thank you for letting us know. We’ve moved your post to a category where it will have greater visibility to our product team.

Dear Connor,

Thanks for this. In the interim, I did some investigations myself and found that one of the settings in the QNAP was restricting specific IP addresses to connect to the NAS. I realised that I had changed the settings on the Mac to give it a static IP, making it easier to remember. This was the root cause for the drop in connection. As soon as I added the new IP to the list of authorised addresses, RoonServer on the Mac was able to see the QNAP and my library was synced :slight_smile:

Lesson learnt…to remember the impact of such settings

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.