New Matrix Audio Element X2, M2 and i2 Roon Ready Music Streamers - Headphones Amps!

I’ll prefer not to use the internal headphone amp from thd mini i pro, but an external Matrix Audio HPA-3B.

Preorder is up:

1520€ including shipping and tax

Only for your information:
Now all the new Elements have the Roon Ready certification and I’m waiting for my Element i2.

3 Likes

Today I got my element i2.
It looks great in my eyes

much better (display) than the mini-i 3 pro.
SQ with Roon seems (only using headphones here) less or more the same.
But the MA remote app (here only Qobuz and radio tested) seems not really stable.
It’s only the first impression…

4 Likes

Did you update the firmware? MA released a new firmware for the Element 2 series last week that is fixing some bugs.

Sure, the first thing, that I do always with new devices. Firmware is 1.0.2 build002.
But the test frametime until now was too short, to say, what’s working and where are the bugs.

1 Like

would be interested to hear your impressions if you get the M2. Looking later this year to upgrade from the Mini iPro 3 along with Focal upgrade from Celestee to Stellia.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the I2 and M2 models?

Does anyone know if the X2 remote control (or touch screen) is Roon Ready? Do the play/pause and previous/next buttons work for Roon?

For the i2 it’s working and so it should also work with the x2.

Got the MA RM4 remote for my X-SABRE 3 delivered today. It works right out of the box. Playback functions work as expected with Roon and with TIDAL and Spotify as well.

2 Likes

Where did you get this remote and does it work with the mini I pro 3?

I got it directly from Matrix Audio and it does not work with mini-i Pro 3. It works only with New Element 2 series and X-SABRE 3.

Which remote is pictured on the right? The smaller one, that is. It looks like the same form factor as the one that came with the original Element X, but most of the buttons are labelled differently. On mine, each of the 4 buttons along the right is devoted to a different input source (COA, OPT, IIS, and USB). On the bottom left, I have a “Filter” button.

Anyway, the bigger remote for the new “2” series seems to be better designed than the one I have. Well, some users may prefer a smaller device. I wonder if “STRM” selects the Roon-ready ethernet connection? On mine, the button marked “USB” actually is a toggle between USB and Network (ethernet).

The one on the right side is the RM3 Remote which is the one that comes with the X-SABRE 3. STRM does select streaming source (WiFi/Ethernet), in my case, Roon.

How has the experience been? The app still unstable? How about the SQ thus far? Thanks

MA element i2 is in the house. Setup was easy as with every Matrix Audio device I have owned and currently own. Updated it to the latest firmware with no issues. Tested it for about 10 mins or so and everything looks like working correctly. Going to do more listening later today while riding with my Tacx Neo 2T over Watopia. Then tomorrow I’m going to check on the headphone amp as well. When you get used to the this level of craftsmanship quality and attention to detail, it’s really hard to look at any other Roon Ready streamers.

PS: I purchased it from The Roon Store. Placed the order Friday, Feb 3rd, it was shipped directly from Matrix Audio Headquarters is Shaanxi, China Monday Feb 6th and delivered it today, Feb 9th in Houston, TX.

Kudos to Matrix Audio and Roon Store teams for such an Amazing customer service.

5 Likes

How does it compare to the mini i pro 3 which I know you had too. Would consider upgrading if difference is very noticeable

Congrats on the new Matrix gear!

You’ve got a great workout setup with all the fun toys. iPad, Harmony, QuadLock, Zwift. You turned your bike into the captain’s chair on the Enterprise! I’m jealous - I just stare at a Peloton screen. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Yesterday finished building a PC to improve Zwift graphics :joy: with MSI Z790 MB, Intel Core i7-13700KF 13th Gen, RTX 3060 TI OC, 32GB RAM, Corsair AIO and other goodies :slight_smile:

I’m getting no more that 40 degrees CPU temps during intensive Zwift rides. GPU goes up to 55 degrees.

4 Likes