New music not adding after build 571

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS453be
Version : 1.7 (build 571) stable
QPKG-Version : 2019-06-09
Process ID : 28374

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Since updating to build 571 new music isn’t being recognised and scanned from my storage folder.
All my existing music plays, but since the update i have added about 6 albums and they are not showing.
This is all local music, FLAC files. Not using any services like Qobuz or Tidal.

I had the issue with the authorisation, which i have seen in other posts, but that worked out ok after de-authorising and authorising again.

Not sure what else to post here, first time posting, so apologies,

Didn’t fancy removing the folder and re-adding as i was hoping it was something else and not having to rescan everything again.

Cheers

Just restarted my NAS (after reading through other QNAP posts on here) and it seems to have worked. The new albums are now showing. Will test with another new album to see if the same happens again.

I also encountered the authorisation issue again when signing back in.

1 Like

Just tested with a new album, and its added it automatically. I think all is ok.

Summary:
Restarted my QNAP. Re-authorised when logging in (known bug with QNAP’s). Added new folder to original storage location and Roon added to my library.

Having the same problem. Restarted core, added new folder still not updating. Had to force rescan.

Touch wood for me it’s ok now. I did have to reboot again as i was getting a continual circle in the top right referring to the metadata needed updating (!?) - gone now though

My friend’s qnap got the same problem. Re-install Roon solving the problem.

1 Like

Failure to add new files. The only way I have found that works is a forced rescan. Roon not adding files in real time from watched folder.
Tried the following, restart core on nuc, reset database, restart ios app, reinstall rock, recreate watched folder.

Edit update. Not sure what I have done but been messing for an hour or so and working now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.