New network no devices found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC 7 ROCK.
iMac running Catalina as a controller.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Eero router mesh system every thing is connected to via ethernet.

QNAP NAS to which I have connected my NUC to

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Pecan PIE with Roon loaded.
B & O A9 speaker.

Description Of Issue
I recently replaced my modem, but because the old network that I was using was still being used by my router I deleted it today and set it to the new network that is associated with my new modem.

Now nothing in my library is displayed.

When I look in “storage” it appears to be connected to the audio file in my QNAP NAS.,

My core kit is recognized in the “general” section

In the “AUDIO” section there is now nothing listed…used to show my PECAN pie DAC, My A9 speaker, my sonos speakers, and a number of other things but now nothing displayed.

All I can think is it has to do with deleting my old network.

Tough stuff to wrap my head around. Main issue now is no devices located nor is my music showing up

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Thomas,

Starting with the NAS, can you post a screenshot of your Settings > Storage window?

Try rebooting your DAC as well.

Cheers, Greg

Greg-
Thank You

I did try and reboot my DAC but will try again.

Will send you a screen shot of my NAS settings

All filled seen when viewing in folders/storage

Hi Thomas,

If you go to Roon Settings > General, what is the IP address of your Core?

Also, post a screenshot of your Settings > Audio.

Cheers, Greg

Your devices need to be on the same subnet as your core. They should be 192.168.4.## range.

Can the Eero software display all the ip addresses for all your connected devices?

I’ll tag @support To help.

Cheers, Greg

Greg,
Thank you

Yes Eero can tell me the IP addresses

-Pecan Pie 192.168.4.27

A9 speaker 192.168.4.28

ROCK: 192.168.4.26

NAS 192.168.7.37 (might this be the issue?)

IMAC 192.168.4.20

Yes, the NAS is still on the old subnet.

If the NAS is set to use DHCP rebooting it should allow it to get a new IP address from the router.

If you have it setup to use a fixed IP … you will have to reconfigure the NAS manualy.

Hi @thomas_clark1,

As suggested above, you’ll want to make sure the NAS is on the same IP range (192.168.4.X) as the other devices as it is currently on a different range. Roon requires all devices to be on the same subnet.

First I’d try giving the NAS a reboot as that may update the IP address automatically. If it’s using a static IP, you’ll need to reconfigure this for the new IP range.

Thank you …got it…so prob with NAS.

If you think it more appropriate to contact QNAPi will.

only thing i can find in the NAS having to do with DHCP is in these images…not sure if this even right path and dont want to make things worse

But why are my devices not seen?..pecan pie, A9, ROCK are on same sub network…only thing is not is the NAS…would think ROON would at least see my DAC and speaker as before

Yeah, that is strange.

You might want to try shutting everything down, then restart. That includes modem, routers, any switches, Roon Core, NAS and DAC’s.

Restart modem, routers, then switches first.

Cheers, Greg

thx greg

weird that when I look under settings/storage I can see the files too

tried the restart of all components to no avail.

is the NAS being on a different subnet a bit of a red herring?

still feel Roon should see all my devices (DAC , speaker, sonos speakers, iMac as they are all on the subnet and working they are seen by my router software

and the issue that my NAS folder and files are viewable via Settings>storage…

I checked out the Eero system online and read that it has its own firewall. Do you have it enabled and, if so, could you disable it temporarily?

Firewalls have been known to block Roon from communicating with DAC’s.

Not sure about the NAS though.

Cheers, Greg

good suggestion…I’ll check it out

really appreciate all your help.

haven’t changed anything with Eero recently…it had worked just fine for months but I will check