Nucleus+ purchased new 1/6/23

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus zen wifi Asus router Asus node

Connected Audio Devices

NAD M50.2 HDMI to Nucleus+

Number of Tracks in Library

approx. 12,500

Description of Issue

I took delivery of a Roon Nucleus+ with internal 4TB SSD on Saturday, January 7 and have designated it as my Core drive. However, I am now unable to communicate or even locate my music files, which should be on my NAD M50.2. Prior to receiving the Nucleus+ my Core was on a MacBook Pro which worked (mostly) as expected for more than a year.
I have connected the Nucleus+ to my router via ethernet and the Nucleus+ is attached to the NAD M50.2 by HDMI. I’ve also been unable to create a shared folder to use as a new Library. Consulting the Roon User Guide for the Nucleus+ didn’t help.

Looking through the forum, someone else had problems getting started with setting up the Network share on a Nucleus to access the music library on a Bluesound Vault a couple of years back. The solution in his case was to use the IP address of the Vault instead of the name (Vault in his case).

This could be a similar situation for the NAD M50.2. Try this and let us know how you get on.

Thanks Geoff. I’ll try the IP fix and let you know. -David

I took delivery of a Roon Nucleus+ with internal 4TB SSD on Saturday, January 7 and have designated it as my Core drive. However, I am now unable to communicate or even locate my music files, which should be on my NAD M50.2. Prior to receiving the Nucleus+ my Core was on a MacBook Pro which worked (mostly) as expected for more than a year.
I have connected the Nucleus+ to my router via ethernet and the Nucleus+ is attached to the NAD M50.2 by HDMI. I’ve also been unable to create a shared folder to use as a new Library.

As I have a lifetime Roon subscription, I did not register by using the free one year subscription offer, but used my existing subscription instead.

Roon’s home page currently lists 0 artists, 0 albums and 0 tracks in my Library—down from approximately 12,500 tracks.

From previous experience, I know Roon doesn’t do phone support. Is there any way I can set up a house call for a fee by someone in the Fairfield County, CT area, not necessarily affiliated with Roon, who would troubleshoot this problem? My earlier difficulties took about 3 mos. to resolve, although that was at least partly the result of a misapprehension on my part.

I committed to purchasing the Nucleus+ after weeks of indecision because of its purported ease of setup. After two days with recourse to the Roon User Guide, my experience falls far short of “Plug & Play”.

Great product when it works, though. -David

After chatting with Rugby, I switched out the HDMI cable between the Nucleus+ and NAD M50.2 and substituted an ethernet connection. This enabled the NAD to display my music files which reside there and were not accessible before, Thanks Rugby!
I think this means I can now proceed to drag and drop music files from the NAD in order to populate the Nucleus+'s internal drive. Due to the existence of several Music folders, I’m feeling a little intimidated.

I attempted to drag and drop the music files from my NAD to the Nucleus+ only to receive this message:

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find “Authenticate”, much less click it. Is this a Mac Permissions restriction? -David

You have two drives in your Nucleus, right? Are you trying to put your music files on the wrong drive (the M.2 drive that holds the OS), maybe?

1 Like

Thanks for your response Soylent. I’ll investigate further and let you know the results. -David

Thanks to Rugby again for helping me locate my internalstorage folder. I tried dragging/dropping my music files there, but no dice. My Nucleus+ came with a 4TB ssd. It occurred to me this drive might need to be formatted(!) I attempted to do so, but was stymied by the Roon web interface. I haven’t had any epiphanies about how to proceed.
Random, snarky thought: the Quick Setup Guide that came with the Nucleus+ is a shameless red herring.

Yes that’s right, Soylent. The OS is on one drive and the internal storage drive (the other) will be home to nothing but my music files.

This is a display from my ROCK installation, but the Nucleus Web GUI should be similar. Did you click the 'Format" button under 'Internal Music Storage"? If so, what happened?

BTW - My name isn’t Soylent, that’s part of my motto. You can get my attention by using @xxx. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.