New PC - TEAC NT-505 Not Configuring Correctly

Roon Core is on my new PC, Core i9 with 12 Gigs of RAM running Windows 10. My previous machine saw the TEAC NT-505 and identified it as an approved DAC/Streamer and I could configure it with all the bells and whistles ROON offers an approved streamer. The TEAC was updated with the latest drivers and Firmware when connected to the old PC, so I expected ROON to see it with the New PC and all would be well. ROON sees the TEAC, but not as a ROON approved Streamer and therefore it gives it a really basic set up and uses Apple Air Play. Is there something I need to do? I hope not load all the firmware etc again, that was a pain the first time around. I have two other DAC Streamers and ROON sets up perfect with them so this is baffling me.

I am using a Verizon Router, connected to the TEAC through a CAT 5 cable, which is the same as before and everything worked well.

Thanks for the help,
Michael

Did you download driver for new PC?
https://teac.jp/int/product/nt-505/download

I am assuming you mean the windows driver and not the firmware. No I did not, thank you.
Michael

1 Like

There are no specific Windows Driver update for a “Network” connection only a USB. Why would updating drivers for a USB connection affect my Network (Cat 5) connection? My TEAC shows it still has the updated Firmware required for ROON to recognize the DAC as an approved unit, although TEAC does have another more current firmware update, but the issues this update addresses are not any issues that I experience and there is no mention of this firmware update addressing any ROON update issues. For that matter no mention of ROON in this latest Firmware at all. If you can be more specific as to which update you recommend I can give that a try. I hesitate loading drivers for the USB if I don’t use a USB connection and the firmware update requires loading their HR Audio Program, which I have no intention on using since I use ROON. I am trying to keep this new machine as clean of unnecessary programs as I can.

Hi @Michael_Shapiro,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab from the new PC?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Thanks. I will look into this however I am using two other DAC/Streamers and do not have issue with them, just the TEAC.

Use TEAC HR Streamer app (not HR Audio) to enable Roon Ready function of NT-505. If the app prompts you to upgrade the firmware, do it.

In Roon Audio setup, find NT-505 under Roon Ready devices, enable it and assign it a zone name.

2 Likes

In the about function of the TEAC app, the Network firmware version should be 11.6c.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping me out on this. I will follow these last two reply posts later this week. Don’t have time at the moment but this does sound like it will work. I will post next week how it went.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I went to download the TEAC HR Streamer App, however this is for a phone or tablet not a PC where the firmware files and other relevant files reside. Are you sure I should not be downloading the HR Audio Player and update with this on my PC?

Please use the app as described above.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.