New QNAP QPKG for Roon release 1.3?

Thanks understood I will find another way

I don’t understand this decision however it’s surely just a little remote control menu same as on the iPad with all the processing in the core.

Running Core on Synology DS1515+. Installed 1.3 on tablet first. At end of tablet install, tablet indicated Core needed update. Touched ‘Update’ icon on tablet and update of Core began - no external update package or update script required. Took a while, and tablet indicated “Database Update Needed”, but after several minutes Core came back. Table and Core seem to be functioning as expected - haven’t tried any enhanced functions.

4 posts were split to a new topic: QNAP Upgreading to Roon 1.3 - In trouble - Nothing Works Now

HI @support a problem for me.

QNAP TVS-471 I3 running a headless core as mentioned above. Since the update my NAS (which is only there to run Roon and has no other uses or applications running on it) is on and off running a real high CPU % even when not actually using Roon. Sometimes % hangs at 30% and i can play music using DSP features with upsampling beautifully up to 384khz for a couple of minutes then the cpu will suddenly spike up to 90%+ and this ceases playback.

What makes this even more of a mystery is this is happening when i’m not playing any music
i’ve turned off album analysis completely and this seems to have no impact. I’ve started the core and scanned the QNAP for anything rogue that could be running and there is nothing.

Turning off DSP options or reducing them seems to have no effect the problem still occurs so this is looking to me that just running Roon in the background is causing intermittent very high load (i.e. every two mins) after which point it shortly readjusts back down to 30%.

This phenomenon has only occurred since the update to 1.3. Beforehand it worked great and as mentioned on and off it works great with upsampling maxed out.

What i’ve heard when it is working sounds great too :o)

Tricky for me to use the service at all at the moment i’ve had to give up while this problem is evident its even hard to use the remote which is timing out about as often as it is available.

Guidance appreciated and is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

May I suggest you send the logfiles (zip the folder) to support, or add a link to your Dropbox here. Just to be prepared if they request it…

I just did a fresh (hopefully temporary) install on my TS-453-Pro. I think what happen with you is more or less the same as i experience with this fresh install (due to my other problems).

Maybe a bit pasience until tomorrow ?

My instance of Roon on a TVS-471 is also running at 70% usage per core. It fluctuates between 57% and 77% over and over. I am not currently playing any music.

Same promlem here with my 871. I am also loosing connections quite often.

I just watched the System Ressource monitor while I was playing some Audio with RoonServer and DSP enabled (Sample Rate Conversion, Procedural EQ).

Did not get any noticeable spikes here:

(CPU: i7-4790T @ 2,7GHz)

Just a quick update Chris:
My installation has just gode back to what is was before. No audio device.

“Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.”

Chris not sure what happened but my CPU usage is back down where its should be. I am seeing usage in the low twenties to upper teens. Can’t explain the high utilization from before but it appears to be gone now. Weird.

Hi guys this is happening a lot for those using QNAP/ Synology. See the thread below. Sounds like a problem has been identified and i’d sure like to know what it is, when it is going to be fixed and how.

Yes R1200CL I’m trying to be patient :o) bit frustrating effectively being locked out of using Roon because of these issues

I still see CPU % hovering 70 - 90%+ when nothing is running and i’m certainly not attempting to stream anything i know it will cut out.

i’ve at least ID’d where the log files are so i can share them with support when they respond to me

Thanks

Chris I am still running very high CPU utilization on my TVS-471. I left this morning at 10:30. CPU usage was running around 26% or so. All of my clients are shut down and have been all day. When I arrived home tonight at 10:00PM my CPU was running around 75%. The only thing running on my NAS is Roon Server. Any ideas what is happening here?

Build 196 of Roon 1.3 has a fix that was intended to address problems of this sort. Could you try it and see if they’re still present?

If that build doesn’t resolve your problems, please let me know and we’ll investigate and find a solution to whatever else is wrong.

I am extremely pleased to report that Build 196 has reduced my CPU usage on the TVS-471 to normal levels. I have had it running now for about 45 minutes and the CPU usage is hovering around 20%. There has been no significant increase in CPU since the update. Thanks for the quick fix.

1 Like

Just seen this thread, CPU usage 8% TVS 471 i3 4 GB Ram. Ram at 30%
Not playing music.
Chris

How long has this install been stable. Mine TS-453-P stopped working after about one hour. During scanning my library. Was also playing music when it happend.
I suppose you have the very last Qnap firmware as well.

My friend has a HS-251 8GB. So far his oppgradere is OK. He waited until the 194 release.

Same question to you as well…

I have been running Build 196 for about two hours now and no issues. I just listened to some music for about 45 minutes and came in to check on the CPU usage and it’s below 20% now. My QNAP is the TVS-471. I have 16GB of RAM installed and it’s the i3 version of the box. Yes I have all the latest updates including the QNAP 4.3 Beta.

All ok for me too been up and running 6 hours so far and I do have the latest qnap firmware installed

have QNAP 671, ROON on iPAD 1.3 build 194, ROON core 1.3 build 196, in settings it says: “Analyzing: 9736 / 259632”, under “Adding music to library: Complete”, further down it says “Connected, Scanning now … 267701 Tracks imported, 314103 Files scanned”; have assigned all 4 cores, it is processing appr. 1 or 2 files per second

what I don’t understand:

• why did it scan 314103 files but import only 267701 files?

• why does it say “analyzing 9736 / 259632” but has imported 267701 files (resp. why doesn’t it analyze all imported files)?

• why does it take so long to analyze files? does it read the entire file? will the CPU LOAD (currently 75-98% for all 4 cores) go down as soon as ROON will have finished analyzing, resp. does analyzing cause this CPU-load?

sorry for all those question, started with ROON just one week ago … nevertheless being really excited about the UI

thanx a lot in advance!