New Releases For You - Not Updating With More Recent Suggestions [Resolved]

In Roon 1.8 I can’t find the “New releases for you” section.
In Roon 1.7 I could see all the new albums from Qobuz and Tidal in one place. How can I do this in Roon 1.8?

It is still available at the Home page, right under Recent Activity

Dirk

Right there in the “Home” screen… If you expand it you’ll see all of them…

31 posts were split to a new topic: New Releases For You - Not Showing Up At All

Also somewhat related, in New Releases for You the most current release date is Jan. 29, almost two weeks ago.

Under Qobuz new releases (Grand Selections) there are more current releases, possibly as recent as the last day or two.

1 Like

@support
Today i got the same problem in 764.
is this issue still open?

This issue isn’t fixed yet. Maybe in next release.

Thanks fir the info

same here.
Thought I was crazy because I never found this important column.
Now I know why.
:man_facepalming:

Same here! It was there yesterday. And it’s particularly slow today, too, for some reason. Hoping for guidelines from Support to remedy this. Thanks!

On another note, with this problem, I get skips during playback in all my endpoints. While the native Qobuz and Tidal apps are working just fine. This happens a lot. When Roon is not working as it should, it’s like using a really terrible software. During these times, it’s worse than any of the native streaming apps combined.

Roon team is working on this issue:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/missing-new-releases-for-you-acknowledged/142634/11?u=danielavasilichioaei

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC ROCK, Roon Version 1.8 (build 756) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear R6700, wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonore Ultrarendu (wired to router above) + USB DAC

Description Of Issue

Home screen’s (and the subsequent full page after clicking “more”) New releases for you section isn’t showing any album released after February 5th. I’ve forced recent syncs on both Qobuz and Tidal.

I know Roon can sometimes take a bit to get new release data from Qobuz and Tidal, which is why I waited until a couple days after new music Friday.

1 Like

Yes, same here. Newest album 05.02

Same here, plus:

• I see different results on Windows desktop application versus Android application.
  • I see the same album on both ALBUMS and SINGLES.

Yes. Same for me as well.

My Windows 10 install shows newest album 05/02/2021
My iPad shows newest album 29/01/2021

Also the recommendations on my Windows 10 install are not at all applicable to my music taste, existing library.

Not sure about anyone else, but my New releases for you updated today with two, count em, two new recommendations. One a rap album, which I enjoy but have very few of this genre in my collection in Roon, and a vocal jazz album, which I tend to avoid and have even less of in my collection.

I think I’ll just wait a couple weeks for the Roon Labs crew to get back on their feet before worrying too much about this.

I have the same issue. My “new releases for you” are stuck at 19th of february but if i go to the new releases section in the Qobuz page i get the latest content. Is there a way to force this syncing?

@support
I am seeing the same behaviour with Tidal, just logged in and out of my account and still no new releases after 19/02/21

Same for me too, hopefully it’s being looked at.

Same here. I’ve not seen any new music since updating to 1.8. Latest release is from mid January.