New Releases For You.... Refresh time?

I’ve pretty much dismissed most of my initial recommendations as they were in no way relevant to my library.

Had the usual Celine Dion, Frozen 2 OST and tons of classical which I never listen to.

Just wondering how often the recommendations should refresh, as mine hasn’t updated since my initial purge?

Cheers

1 Like

Was just going to post this same question. Mine is filled with classical and though I like some classical I rarely play any. So how does this Valence actually work? Do you need to be favoring songs, as i don’t favor any? I thought it goes by artists/genres you play most but that is certainly not being reflected in the results. I have tried closing down roon but it does not refresh. Hmmm.

1 Like

To some degree it depends on how you use it.
If you are viewing in Album mode sorted by Relevance you’ll see things less often. There are two filters, obviously, is it there and is it something you’d like? If you switch to Newest, you’ll see that new releases are coming in mostly once a week, sometimes a little slower. That corresponds to when Roon is getting their batches of new releases from Qobuz and Tidal, I suppose. It’s sort of early to know this with much specificity.
Can’t answer how Relevance is determined, exactly. But Roon has said what you play, own and favorite are key determinants.

1 Like

Won’t update until Roon gets updates from Tidal or Qobuz, which is sometime Friday or after.

1 Like

yes I get the new release filter and it would be usually fridays. My concern was about Relevance. As in; they are not relevant lol. I love the idea and how it looks. Perhaps will just take time…

1 Like

I think its the same for everyone as I guess it has to start somewhere and it is quietly building a database of listenign habits behind the scenes. I guess give it a few weeks before we see its fruits.

3 Likes