Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

Seems we’ll get more details in 4 days
https://twitter.com/roonlabs/status/1570771871683182597?s=21&t=TLV2AvluITXXmr47MSA22Q

1 Like

Loud cheers here in the household, four more days to speculate on things to come :partying_face:

1 Like

Ha, it was easy
i just googled T-4 and found it out :slightly_smiling_face:

I just hope the freezing / crashing issue is fixed

4 days to go. This is getting seriously exciting now. I still think it’s going to be a feature that allows you to create a virtual full body avatar and then post endless TikTok videos of your avatar dancing to whatever track you’re listening to hey, I’m a born optimist.

5 Likes

hopefully the next version allows users to reorder the main menu - the current menu is badly thought out (roon radio is listed twice) and i have to scroll down to get to my most frequently used menu item which is playlists, instead of allowing me to put it to the top while composers is front and centre which i will never ever ever use

1 Like

Well I hope it’s actually Music oriented…,.I have zero interest in anything Video

10 Likes

And we’re grateful that you did @wizardofoz! We also appreciate all the help you provide to other customers here on Community. :muscle:t2: :pray:t2:

12 Likes

Purchasing a lifetime was the best decision ever.
Love you guys!

9 Likes

The feeling is mutual, dude! :v:t2: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’ve never had the Win client crash, and I run in both Win 10 and Win 11. Is this common?

I just want to say if it’s a mobile solution, you will have made my day Roon Team. I’m a streamer only user. I can’t stand Tidal user interface so I use Apple Music for outside the house and I struggle maintaining two libraries. If I could get Roon’s user experience outside the home I would just need to maintain one library. Here’s to hoping Roon 2.0 has a good mobile solution.

I hope to see some of the following in this new release:

• Browser integration
  • Amazon or Apple streaming support
  • New Roon music streaming service
  • Allmusic website fully browsable from Roon
  • Discog or Musicbrainz integration
  • Apple silicon native app support
  • Dynamic range (DR database type) supported
  • Chat integration with other Roon users
  • Portable version of Roon

Let’s see…I’m very curious.

Isn’t possible to have a video teaser?

Just brainstorming.

What if they have struck deals with Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon, Apple, Deezer, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, so that you can stream almost anything under the sun, Hi-Res included, with just a Roon subscription? Now that would be interesting.

It would explain why the lifetime membership has been removed.

The streaming services would lose revenue from existing Roon users because they would no longer need it, but the assumption would be that future Roon user numbers would dwarf existing users, so this doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I’m not aware of that. This screen grab from a few moments ago.

2 Likes

There has been no change to lifetime membership.

1 Like

Oh, OK. There was an email a couple of months ago (which I can’t seem to find now, so maybe I delete it) saying how lifetime membership was not in the long term interests of the company. Did they just hike the price? For some reason, I was left with the impression that they had removed the option. If not, my mistake.

Nonetheless, increasing the price a lot would also support my theory.

You will maybe get one of those wishes…

3 Likes

That’s amazing for you Brad.

For others it’s a constant issue, if it is minimised or put to background within ten minutes it’s toast.

Well, I’ve just had an email come in telling me to get ready for the 20th with a picture of a car with the top down - really hoping there will be a mobile option as I spend too much time in the car and would potentially overcome the problem of running roon in the house and tidal in the car kicking one off…