New Roon can’t identify Korg DAC

Why I see the default icon in signal path instead of my Korg DS-DAC-10R?

You wrote here: https://roonlabs.com/partners/korg.html 6 that this dac is Roon-tested.

Roon sees this dac as “KORG 2ch 1 bit audio device” wihout icon and now in new Roon version I can’t identify my dac.
Thanx

Hello @Mochino,

Not all of the Roon Tested devices are in our new identification engine yet. We hope to have them all included soon! Until then, you can be satisfied knowing that the performance and behavior of your device is exactly the same as it was in the last release.

-John

I encounter the same problem. I cannot see my korg dac (DS-DAC-10R). However, roonlab claimed that it is a roon-tested device. How can I fix the problem ?

Hello @wai_kwong_yip,

The Korg DS-DAC-10R is a Roon Tested device, even if it hasn’t yet been aded to our device identification engine.

Are you having trouble getting the Korg DAC to be seen by Roon as a playback zone? Or was your question about having the customized device icon?

-John

Roon cannot detect my korg dac and also cannot be seen in play back zone. Thx

Hi all,

My DS-DAC-10R is seen by ROON as ALSA (With Latest ROON Software release - 1.7 Build 521).

But don’t Worry there is no negative impact, even KORG is not within the proposed List as supposed recognized Partner for the NUCLEUS, It works. And In Addition I can Apply DSP correction options.

I Get very good Sound Quality from That DAC feeded by The NUCLEUS using an USB attachment :slight_smile: Good surprise.
Patrick

Hello,

With Roon 2.0 is anyone seeing their DS-DAC-10R as Roon Tested?

Hi @Landrew_Gomes1,

I can confirm that the device is indeed Roon Tested.

Is your device not showing up? Is it connected via USB to a PC or Mac running Roon or otherwise connected to a bridge device?

Thanks,
Wes

Hello,
Correct, connected to Mac via USB. See screenshots.

Thanks,

Hi @Landrew_Gomes1,

I’m not seeing any mention of Korg in your diagnostics logging and that reflects what you’re seeing in settings>audio. If you look at system settings (system preferences pre-Ventura), do you see it listed there?

Thanks,
Wes

Are you suggesting this may be a Ventura issue? See screenshot of Korg in Ventura System prefs.
Thanks,

No. I was differentiating the change from system preferences to system settings in Ventura. Sorry for any confusion.

Assuming you’ve restarted Roon, power cycled the device, and reconnected the device, and updated the firmware; it might be necessary to rebuild your RAAT folder.

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Please let me know how this goes for you. The fact that MacOS is seeing it tells me this might just work.

Wes