New Roon Rock gen10i7 not recognising Mytek Liberty Dac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel Nuc 10i7FNH, Roon rock latest software 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

My Republic modem connected via network cable approx 2m

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Liberty via USB cable firmware 1.35. Uptone Audio Iso Regen usb regenerator

Description Of Issue

When I first connected the rock I ran the updates and followed everything to a tee. I connected the dac with the Iso regen in line and it worked fine. I listened to about 10 tracks and all was normal. I had upsampling set to dsd 256 with no issues is said via ALSA.

I then had to change my license back to the mac mini (my old setup) to copy the backup onto a usb stick. I did this and loaded it on the nuc, changed the license back to the nuc (signing in) and the Liberty was no longer showing up. My marantz 8805 still shows up as it did before. I have takken the usb regen out, changed cables restarted the rock, the dac many times. Nothing works. The liberty still works with two other macs I have…

Edit, for no apparent reason the dac has just decided to work again? Would still like to try and get to the bottom of it though, I was trying for hours…

Hi @Michael_Baker,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you seen any other issues since your last post or has the DAC been operating as expected?

If you notice any issues, can you please note the exact local time + date + track of failure and let me know this here? This will be useful in case we need to take a look at logs.

It seems to be working OK now. Are there any settings in roon rock I can tweak to improve sq? I’m not getting the sound I was from the Mac mini although it was running off a JS2 power supply which can’t power the new nuc…

1 Like

There are DSP settings in Roon you can use. But, there is no ability to tweak the ROCK OS, it is locked down.

Ah OK. It’s really odd I had expected rock to potentially be an upgrade in SQ vs the Mac mini but it’s no where near as good. Far less presence and the bottom end is well short. I upsample everything to dsd 128 over dop on the Mac, through the nuc I was able to go to dsd 256 direct but it just isn’t in the same league. Maybe the js2 and uptone mmk is where the large differences come from.

Hi @Michael_Baker,

Happy to hear that you’ve been able to get the Mytek working with Roon!

Our Knowledge Base goes over some suggestions!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.