New SSD installed, less than half of tracks imported [RESOLVED]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win10, i5-6500, 8G memory, SSD 240G.
Synology NAS 2 ‘partitions’ mapped to 2 drive letters and added in storage page.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Gbit.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Antelope USB DAC with ASIO.

Description Of Issue
Old SSD: 2 drive letters T and V are linked to 2 ‘partitions’ on a Synology NAS. Drive T approx 37213 tracks, drive V approx 26998 tracks was imported and displayed in Roon without problems. But this was added over de years in smaller chunks.

I needed a new SSD in the core machine.

Only less than 50% of the flac tracks is imported to the new SSD. At start, or forced rescan, it scans quickly to the expected number of flac files+some jpgs(e.g. 40.000 for T), but both stop importing at same time at 13388 and 11938 tracks.

When I add a new album after this partially failed import, and do a rescan it is also not found, and tracks stays 13388 and 11938 tracks.

When I do a backup restore the whole library in Roon is cleared. 0 albums.
Tried it 2 times.

Thanks for your time!

Sounds like you might have a dodgy file or more. Roon does not fail gracefully, just gets in a huff and stops.
Roon support might scan through your logs or whatever and help.

Hi @EddyVB,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Thanks for the reply Dylan,
Problem is fixed.
It seems to be a HW problem. I’ve used another pc as core, and library loaded without problems! Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Hi @EddyVB,

That’s great! I’m glad that things are working for you now. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.