New streaming device from Primare - the NP5

I’m way past worrying about it! I actually wouldn’t have minded if they did use the time they’ve had to try solutions for the Roon issues. But none of the updates I have seen since my purchase last November have addressed Roon in any way. I’ve since made my mind up to move on if they can’t find a way to do this promptly.

I’m streaming my Primare devices (PRE35 Prisma and I15 Prisma) via Chromecast with Roon. It works fine. I’m looking forward to the Roon update, which I know Primare is working on, but it sounds like I’m fortunate not to have any issues.

Hello guys, I am very satisfied with Roon on Primare I25 (roon ready via build in chromecast) Primare is great brand and with 10 years expirence I can say it!

Sorry to be pedantic, but streaming via Chromecast is not the same as being Roon Ready

4 Likes

I agree entirely. Its just that we can at least use our kit while we wait for the update. And it sounds good while we do so.

I do wish they’d hurry up though!

From their website:

In addition to the completely new applications, we are effectively rebuilding Prisma from the ground up. Along with the general firmware update to provide bug fixes and add features such as native playback for NP5 Prisma, we will be providing AirPlay 2 to all models, completely revising the Chromecast built-in build, greatly improving overall control, connectivity and audio playback performance across all models, and Roon Ready certification.

The general complexity of this effort means that these multiple initiatives must be completed before being able to launch them all in a prescribed and specific sequence. Under ordinary conditions this would be a difficult task, under current circumstances it is proving to be entirely unpredictable, resulting in the extended and regrettable delay. We can only state that we literally have team members working around the world around the clock with the goal of releasing the full potential of the Prisma platform as soon as we possible.

Should you have questions, please contact us at info@primare.net

1 Like

Seems like the new firmware was released today. Not roon ready yet, but atleast it now support using the correct sample rate. Anyone checked if it is now bitperfect?

Got an update on the iPad this morning so looked at the NP5 and it has had an update. It can now do variable sample rates but my Roon Ready option is now disabled (I didn’t apply for beta status). My guess is it is now ready to be presented to Roon for certification again.

Well, it’s progress at least. My Pre35 and I15 both updated this morning. I’m looking forward to ditching Chromecast - and not having to use Google Home to connect to wi-fi - and getting the Roon Ready update. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

Looking at the information on the PRIMARE homepage it will all begin with the NP5 and ripple through all the other products after.

Just tried it for the first time since receiving the NP5 update and my Roon ready option has disappeared, even though I did apply for and get developer/beta status. Is this common to everyone else with an NP5 after the update?

Hopefully certification doesn’t take long…

• partial false alarm as it still works via my work IPhone. For some reason they’ve only broken it on the Android Prisma App, which stops it connecting to the NP5 and via Roon Ready.

If a reboot doesn’t fix it you may need to flag this up to Roon. I didn’t apply for beta tester status so expected mine to die at some point. It is now connected via Chromecast which will do for now.

It doesn’t seem to be a Roon issue as after reconnecting to RAAT via my iPhone, the Roon android app sees the RAAT connection too, so technically Roon is all working again.

Its only the android Primare app that doesn’t see the NP5…I’ll be more careful with Primare updates until they update with Roon certification.

The hardware update should go hand in hand with an android and IOS update. That was part of the remit of the new coders PRIMARE brought in. New apps and Prisma firmware built from scratch.

To my understanding the old ”Primare app” app does not work anymore, you should use the ”Primare Prisma” app instead.

It also appears to be broken on IOS/iPadOS/Win10 as I no longer have “roon ready” access (NP5 chromecast & airplay still available).

I have reported the issue to support - NP5 Roon Ready option not available

For my NP5, I had to do a factory reset (Button in the back) and after that the “roon ready” access was restored and has functioned well after that.

I just unplugged the ethernet cable, plugged back in and access was restored.

Hi today I received an email from Primare with good news for NP5 owners.
I don’t own a NP5, I just tried to do some fact finding for you guys :wink:

Today we have just released firmware that provides Roon Ready capabilities to our NP5 Prisma, with the remainder of the Prisma family of models to be certified in the very near future. See the announcement at the link below:

https://primare.net/np5-prisma-now-roon-ready/?v=06fa567b72d7

Cheers John

3 Likes