New strings available to translate. Notification thread

Hi, @ARC_Translators, new strings for translation are available!

08/12/2022

Ivan

2 Likes

08/16/2022
_
Oleksandr

1 Like

Hi, @ARC_Translators !
New strings are available!
08/22/2022
_
Oleksandr

2 Likes

Hi, @ARC_Translators!
08/29/2022
_
Oleksandr

1 Like

Hi, @ARC_Translators !
It’s been a while since the last update,
So let me bring happy news :slight_smile:

09/14/2022
_
Oleksandr

4 Likes

09/30/2022

Ivan

1 Like

11/24/2022

Oleksandr

Hi, @ARC_Translators, new strings are available for translation!

01/15/2023

Oleksandr

2 Likes

Hi, @ARC_Translators, new strings related to new features were added to the translations database.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: BalanceDSP in translation tool

Hi, @ARC_Translators, new strings are available for translation in the system.

Thanks!

Ivan

Are you telling us that the release today needs translation?
In that case i need to say that the order in which things are done, could be improved! :wink:

Nope, @Mikael_Ollars, the new strings in Roon ARC are for the functionality which currently is only present in Early Access. Our product team was finilazing copies and that’s why we pushed new strings only after the second early access release, so that people won’t have to translate the same thing twice or to translate strings which will be gone soon. Besides, yesterday’s release was Roon-only and this is a notification thread for Roon ARC translations :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Smart Download / Downloading…
The translated explanation text goes off screen on my iPhone XS
Keys : forSmartDownloadsToStartYouMustBeOnWifi and forBestResultsEnsureYourPhoneIsCharging

1 Like

Hello @alec_eiffel ,
Thank you for reporting this issue!
I have created a ticket for our developers.

Hi, @ARC_Translators, new strings were added to Localisely today, 02/29/24.

Thanks!

Ivan

It would be handsome if you could also notify that new phrases ahve been added to the old translation tool (translations.roonlabs.net) and of course also set a date for when you plan to “import” the translations to your dev tools…

As most often, new versions of Roon becomes available to the end users with a lot of untranslated phrases making the product (and my translation work) a mess…

YOU REALLY NEED TO GET THE TRANSLATION PROCESS ORGANISED! :face_with_peeking_eye: Sorry, lost it a bit there…

Hi, @Mikael_Ollars, there was a notification in this thread for Roon translations tool 8 days ago here.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Yes, i was aware! However, the process isn’t clear, there are three translation databases to attend to, and none of them are efficient in the q&a that needs to be communicated swiftly.
We (translators) have absolutely no context which means that a lot of the phrases are pure guesswork.
We (translators) are not informed when due-dates are set, even if preliminary.

I claim that most of my hours put into this are well spent and have resulted in pretty understandable localized Roon experience. I have had ZERO feedback from users of the Swedish language in Roon/Remote/ARC and none from the Roon team, though.

I’d appreciate any feedback, even if only criticism, and a simple “how can we better the process?” from Roon.

As an example:
Do you plan to migrate into one translation tool?
Do you plan to request translations along with a due date, to ease my planning?
Do you plan to improve the Q&A-process/clarify the context of phrases in any way?
Can we get som quality control and feedback up and running for those that maintain a language almost single handedly?

While i found the old transl. tool quite rudimentary, localizely is useless on a tablet, as it is very difficult to select, copy and paste variables and text. And machine translation is a double edged sword, it may be of use, but is a freakin’ disaster in genres and metadata…

I know you are working your asses off, to build the greatest music player in the world, but translators also put in a lot of hours to make the product even better, and perhaps attractive to a bigger audience.
And i pride my work put in! (But it is a hobby, along with life, payed work and everything else)

1 Like