New to me - Qobuz Media is loading slowly error

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 8i3BEH running Roon ROCK version 1.0 build 256

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This is a new problem (see attached image) that is recurring on a daily basis. I have not had any issue with Roon in the past and nothing has changed on my system. Note also that the error does not occur when using the Arc or Qobuz apps.

I also ran “speedtest.net” while trying to understand the issue and had at least 300mb/s upload and download speed while still seeing the issue. It’s not a bandwidth issue on my end. I also reached out to Qobuz and they would like to understand the issue.

Thanks, Mike

What version of this album are you trying to play?

The 192/24 & 96/24 both hang up. The 44.1/16 seems to work fine. And I have plenty of bandwidth.

I have a few 192s hang up, but most play. Never could figure it out either. Those I now have to play at 96 and they play ok. Same with me, plenty of bandwidth. Disappointing

Plz filled out template completely. These issues are mostly related to network problems. Internetspeed isn’t relevant. Streaming music doesn’t take much bandwidth. However Roon is very demanding on your network.
If not so start by connecting core and endpoints by cable.

Then why do some 192khz play and others dont?

More data trough your network. So more demanding

Ok, still don’t understand, think if some play they all should. And it’s only certain ones that don’t play

Mabey the answer is here.

No answer here. Or at least no recommendations that work

I am using an Erro as the wired gateway in the garage and am wireless to an erro that is connected to my system ~50 feet away. It may be demanding on my network, but it has worked fine for a long time and I have had no hirez file problems until recently. As for stored albums, I only have a handful (~10), so it isn’t having to sort through a large local archive. But it sounds like others are having a similar issue.

So how do we resolve this? Qobuz says it isn’t their problem and given that their app works fine I have no reason to think it is a problem on their end. They want me to provide them with a support ticket so they can work this issue directly with Roon. Is there a way to elevate this matter with Roon, especially since others are having similar issues?

Roon support will get to this thread but it can take a few days

There are now three posts showing the same issue of tracks not loading…

1 Like

I have experienced the same issue, on and off for nearly two years now. It is not my network! I read and initiate every suggestion listed on the site. The issue will go away for a while (couple weeks or month) then crops back up. I am not going to elaborate on my network or fill out tech support forms. Not worth the effort, I just move on when it occurs or switch to my library using JRiver MC. I’m posting to provide support for the OP and others who keep on reporting this issue and always get their network blamed.

There always are

Have you found out how to fix your issue?

I have the same problem. I’m using a SoTM-SMS 200 Ultra Neo set at 100baseT as this improves the sound quality. At this setting, Qobuz 192khz files stutter. I I set the SoTM up to work at 1000baseT the problem goes away, so for new the problem relates to the this setting.

Ok thanks, I’ve given up on it

So, does this mean that Roon has given up or just the community has given up. Given that the Qobuz app plays high res and Roon has intermittent hiccups with more than a few users, still suggests that there is a bottleneck somewhere in Roon.