New to Roon- a few questions

New user.

1 Loading the software Core (about 50k files are in library) takes about 1-2 minutes. Seems way too long. Is this expected? Is it proportional to library size? Is something else at work that would cause the delay. This is on an I7 pc, 16 go ram, Windows 10. Music ( but I presume not the library) is on an Unraid nas which is a bit slow. Pc is Ethernet hookup. NO WiFi in system except for iPad to control

2 My music in each directory is stable now, ie unlikely to be new additions. Can reanalyzimg the directories and contents be turned off ?

3 Many files are scanned but not incorporated. It seems only about 50 % of music files are imported into library.

I realize Roon will not deal with ALL music files. My question: is there an easy way to see what file was scanned but not imported?

Thanks

Try Settings–>Library–>Skipped Files to see what might have been skipped.

Flagging @support

I did. Not helpful for my issues

Does the PC running the Roon Core have a Solid State Drive (SSD) fitted, if not then startup and general performance will be sub par.

Yes.

There are controls for Audio Analysis (reads each audio file once to determine its characteristic) in setup, however, Roon will always perform a “quick” file scan on startup.

Missing files, if any are in folders or files start with a “.” they will be ignored …

Can you give some examples of the files that are missing (folder name, file name, format).

Roon is on ssd. Music on a nas connected by Ethernet

Library is 180 k. Some are SACD - those are ignored. All else is generally flac, few mp3.

Will have to an exhaustive search to see what is ignored. Thought there might be an easier way

I have fair number of dupes in sense some cd, some are various high res formats. Would dupes be ignored. Some of the albums are labeled with album- 96 k, album 192 k.

Sorry hit the send button before completed.

So, would Abbey Road, Abbey Road- [92 k] both be put in library as an example?

Yes, both would be added.

Though Roon will hide duplicates unless this setting is switched off…

Settings --> General -> Show Hidden Tracks and Albums

Show hidden tracks was set to Yes

Will need to further investigate…

Thanks

Hi @Robert_HARRIS,

Is Roon installed on an SSD?

Roon will watch these folders and add new content automatically. It is not possible to disable this.

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

1 Like

Answers ( I thought I sent them this am but don’t see)
:
Roon is on an I7, SSD PC. Will time it but I bet its close to two minutes to load
Very few files are in the skipped report
According to Roon, thousands were scanned but not placed in library (but this will require more evaluation to confirm)

Thanks for help

1 Like

Hi @Robert_HARRIS,

What file format are the files that are missing? To import the files into Roon, they need to be in one of the formats that Roon supports:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.