'new version of Roon you installed requires a database update'

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK on dedicated NUC with Corei5
All music stored on Synology NAS DS1819

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All connections via ethernet and gigabit switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Vega G1 as roon endpoint

Everything worked perfectly until I upgraded the Roon Core (on the NUC)and the Roon Remote (on the Ipad) to the latest versions. Now nothing works and all I see is ‘The new version of Roon you installed requires a database update’ with the Roon logo churning.

Ihave 12TB of music. How long should this take?

TEXT GOES HERE

It’s takes quite some time. I have a modest library of 33000 tracks and it took well over 5 mins. That size is going to take some time.

I have a similar sized library. It takes a while. 20-30mins IIRC but that was on a fast NUC.

Simply leave it alone to complete. Don’t be tempted to reboot or interfere

I have about 12TB around 275000 tracks on NAS and a database update on an i7-7700 can take a significant time especially when the re analysis happens. I started my update this morning and 13 or so hours later it’s nearly there…hang in there.

Hi @Patrick_Van_Osta,

This can definitely vary depending on database size and Core performance. The best option is to leave this running and, once it completes, you should be good to go!

Expect that your internet bandwidth will be well exercised at the same time as the db rescan pulling updated metadata, images, etc.

Our 70,000 strong library took about 30 minutes, hope you weren’t hoping to listen to music before updating!

The library came back on the Ipad after 30 mins. I also had to reconnect to Qobuz. The little swirling circle top right is still turning but at least I can see the library now :slight_smile: